Highlinemeter 2 is broken

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by bryansbestwax, Aug 21, 2010.

  1. bryansbestwax

    bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

    Well my PTG was working fine last week and yesterday when I went to check the paint on an Acura TL the probe got stuck inside and wouldn't come out. I changed the battery, nothing. I pulled it out the pliers and it still stays stuck.

    Can someone email me the phone number and contact for highlinemeter to bryanwalroth@gmail.com.

    I am hoping they will exchange the meter as it is not very old and has never been dropped or abused. I treated this thing like gold. It has been a great meter up until yesterday.

    Help needed.
     
  2. richy

    richy Guest

    Bryan..I am very sorry to hear that. Their company is located just outside Detroit, MI. 1-248-895-2494 is their #. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. Let us know. (Make sure you tell them you are a part of an active detailing community which has bought a LOT of their gauges!!)
     
  3. Carn

    Carn Welcome to Detailing

    Hmmmm...I've just ordered 2 guages from them. With me being all the way down in South Africa I hope I don't have similar issues with these when they arrive!
     
  4. bryansbestwax

    bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

    Called Altometer, they are the place that sells the highlinemeter and the conversation sounded positive. I told the guy that I support a few detailing forums, run free detailing sessions and probably sold 30 machines for them. Going to send it back tomorrow. I will keep you posted if the look after me, and will make sure to update on here and send them the link. Lets put some pressure on these guys to help me out shall we.
     
  5. vtec92civic

    vtec92civic Nuba Guru

    hope it gets fixed. i know what it can be like to be without a important tool that is needed for business
     
  6. bryansbestwax

    bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

    letter I sent them

    Dear Altometer

    I am returning my Highlinemeter paint gauge as the probe became stuck inside the body of the gauge. The gauge has been well taken care of, it has never been dropped, or near moisture at any time. You can see I kept it in the original package, bubble wrap and all. I apologize for the marks that I made on the outside plastic of the gauge as I tried to free it with needle nose pliers, now knowing it might be a spring I probably should have left it alone. I have highly recommended this gauge to many members on some of the detailing forums I support as well as those who attend my free detailing seminars. I am hoping you take care of me and the gauge and any positive or negative experience will be shared with the thousands of other members on the forums I support. Hope to hear from you soon.
     
  7. supercharged

    supercharged DB Forum Supporter

    I hope they will take good care of you, Bryan.
     
  8. Emile

    Emile Welcome to Detailing

    The only things they need to know are:

    1.) Is the unit still under the 3-year warranty?
    2.) Is the issue caused from abuse/wear-and-tear?

    Good luck, and keep us posted.
     
  9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

    Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter


    Not true, many companies will do "good will" repairs/replacements for products that are no longer under warranty.

    That is a fact :whistle:


    Bryan: Good luck with this
     
  10. bryansbestwax

    bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

    Update. The highlinemeter was successfully delivered 09/02. No feedback from them yet.
     
  11. supercharged

    supercharged DB Forum Supporter

    did you order another one, or is the the replacement?
     
  12. bryansbestwax

    bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

    Sorry. I sent my broken one to them and they received it on 09/02. I have heard anything back as to what they are going to do with it.
     
  13. richy

    richy Guest

    I'll be anxious to hear what they say.
     
  14. ps3king

    ps3king Jedi Nuba

    I'm curious to hear this as well. When I first got my meter and needed some troubleshooting support the staff was very helpful with me and I was able to get it working in no time. I hope they are helpful with you too Bryan.
     
  15. bryansbestwax

    bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

    fixed free of charge, fairly quickly, I was contacted in about a 2 weeks that the guage was fixed with no charge to me. All I had to pay for was the shipping. Not bad, quite satisfied with Brad at customer service.
     

Share This Page