Hey i'm confused about this stuff... Nanoskin-hydro-express

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by fellowsdrake, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I agree with Chase^^

2. fellowsdrake

fellowsdrake Two Bucket System Washer

So use a microfiber towel to dry it off, then go back with another microfiber?

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I use one MF towel to apply to the paint and remove with another

4. fellowsdrake

Question. So I got that sweet trio combo. In mixing a spray wax with a sealant... Wouldn't that weaken the sealant?

5. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

The Hydro says spray wax, but I think its being used as more of a generic term 'spray wax'. I pretty sure that it is loaded with polymers and not wax based.

6. fellowsdrake

So I need to make sure I do a normal waxing. This stuff is more of a post wash. Like candles on the icing on the cake.

7. fellowsdrake

Yay I finally got the trio kit!!! Probably should have asked first but... Here's what I did (I'm ready for the lashings): washed with hydro wash. While still wet I rung out a microfiber, put the hydro seal on the towel and applied to wet car. Dried car. Here's where I differed from the directions. Car is dry, I sprayed Hydro (the spray wax) and mimicked the directions of the sealant. Went over the spray with a damp cloth. Then dried the car off again. It looks fantastic but I'm not sure if that's from the sealant or if my modification to the wax worked or not.

8. fellowsdrake

Heres the before. It went through two rains, and sat for 3 weeks while I was gone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. fellowsdrake

Well heres the after. I'm no camerman er whatever but I'd like to say that I think it looks fabulous.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a few tight swirls but its the best I can do for now...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]