Here's my growing collection

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by CU2MIKE, Nov 28, 2010.

1. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

A whopping $128 shipped, brand spanking new in original package.
    Search for ebay seller "lastminutegifts2010", save him as your favorite seller, and check his listings religiously every single day lol. I actually picked up 3 sun guns from him ranging from $128, $131, and $142 I believe, his auctions are "no reserve". I traded one with Richard Lin for Prima stuff (I use Prima polishes and window cleaner etc etc...), sold the other one for $260, and kept the last one myself.

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Jut got the same wine cooler you have, my other one after a about 2 weeks crapped out so returned that and got this one...much better it can actually keep 46*F pretty steady in a 72*F room...wish i could get something this small and could go down to 40*F as softer wax's like insignis and vics chaos need to be little cooler.

3. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

That cold?? I keep mine @ 62 degrees..... But I have both hard and soft wax in the cooler though. BTW, here is an update on LSP:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Main reason was to keep my wax's like insginis, vintage, chaos, RG BlackLabel from getting to soft and separating a little so keep them in the 40s will help prevent this. Chill them down to 33ish before use to make it easy to use with applicator.

I see you got the package from Justin?

5. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Ah I see, I shouldn't have problems with my small collection right? I hope not.... otherwise I'd have to get another wine cooler that'll go down to 40 degrees lol.

And yes I got the package from Justin, couldn't resist it, 5 waxes for 105 bucks! lol

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

We have the same one haha...i just wish it would go down to 40 as that would be my optimal...as long as wax's stay at constant temp, no large flux's, then you have no issues...so 46-47* is fine and 60* is fine...i just like to keep mine cooler to keep them harder so when i use them it is easier with an applicator.

I didnt like the rack also and got rid of it to fit more in there...

7. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Ah I see, that's what I thought too, as long as it's kept at a constant temp it should be fine.
    I hated that rack..... So hard to balance waxes on it, and some of my waxes are too small to fit on the rack.

8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Nice collection you have going there. :thumb:

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

nice collection. good deal on the sun guns by the way! i cannot believe you got them for that cheap. im gonna have to keep my eyes peeled...

10. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Thank you! :D

11. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Oh I know, everyone should keep an eye out for that guy's auctions lol.
    He seems to sell everything bodyshop related, may be a distributor or something?

12. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Does this count as "detailing supply"? lol I use it to shoot before/after shots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Under the heading APC/Wheel cleaner/Brushes 2nd picture down, you have 3 brown brushes in a bag. Are those the Raceglaze leather brushes? Or are those for vinyl/leather?
    What do you think of them? Did you get them from autowerkesexclusive?

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

nice collection!

15. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

nah, those are cheap leather/vinyl brushes I got as parts of "interior kits" I bought from various venders.

16. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Thank you! :D

17. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

Very nice collection. What camera is taking pictures of your camera? lol.

18. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Thanks! and it was my old canon P&S.

19. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Nice Nikon. You obviously just got that.

20. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

lol yeah, I'm still playing with the settings instead of shooting for reals.