Help me pick my new shampoo

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Kilo6_one, Jan 5, 2012.

1. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Prima Hydro Wash...get Hydro Seal to compliment it.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo

those 2 in bold...=)

or

Lusso Autobathe

CG CWC
    CG CWG

2. CG SoCal

CG SoCal Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I suggest you give Zaino's Z7 a try. Suds very well even in harder water and cleaning ability is excellent. Leaves a nice sheen as well. It's a bit pricey @ about $9 for 16oz but it is concentrated so a little goes a long way. Tons of suds with a PW lance as well, see pics below.

DSC04110.jpg
    DSC04115.jpg

3. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

+1 for wolfs white satin and lusso's autobathe

4. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I love Lusso too. Seems to be a mild to moderate cleaner though - great for a car with a wax LSP as it probably won't break down the wax as quickly. I'm not sure it will foam up well in a gun. And there is the issue of price - $9.95 for 8floz makes it a pricier option.

5. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Lusso is excellent but quite pricey. Victoria Wax Super Soap is also very good and again pricey....very similar to Lusso in that it delivers those long-lasting luxurious suds and a slick wash.

If you want value, Optimum Car Wash is a no-brainer.

6. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

7. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

I had a little chuckle when I saw your name under the title of this thread...

Is this part of your 2012 consolidation plans? ;)

Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in. lol

8. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

+1 for DG 901, also a great value

I just picked up some CG CW+G , haven't tried it yet but have read good things and can also be used to strip LSP in higher concentrate.

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Yes and no, I think Shampoo is one area that I should be able to have a one size fits all product, I have 4 shampoos sitting on my shelf right now and that to me is unnecessary LOL

As for Zaino, I loved it.. I used that product for years. Its a great product for hard water.

CG Citrus Daily is an outstanding product by the way, its like CW+G but you do not have to worry about it stripping or degrading.

10. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I know I am gonna get reemmed here but,
    No gloss, good cleaner, works well iin foam cannon, presenting.....

foaming_main.jpg
    Rain-X®: Foaming Car Wash Concentrate

I bought this at Wal-mart and use it when I am about to polish, or I add a little Zep Citrus when the cars are covered in road grime. And its cheap and available.

11. Kilo6_one

nothing wrong with that, I use Megs Nxt on alot of trucks, its cheap and works well..............you guys know im not all about the boutique products, there are many OTC products that are outstanding like megs gold class, mothers etc... just want something new to try out.

if i am planning on claying a car, and polishing it out, i usually use Dawn most of the time as my choice ( also add dawn to my clay lube), add a little Citrus daily and it foams up nice...

as for maintenance washes, the reason why I want no gloss is I always do a post wipe down after a maintenance wash.

12. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

What do you mean when you say "post wipe down"? Are you talking about using some QD?

13. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

14. Kilo6_one

yes, Prima Hydro or CG pro detailer....

15. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

Dodo juice born to be mild and lusso oro.

16. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Karl -

I use Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear, it has great suds, cleans really well, and is just a soap, nothing else, no gloss additives, etc.
    In stronger solution, it can be used to strip off old LSP's. Great smell.

My other go to is Optimum Car Wash, lots of suds, cleans well, also smells great, but probably more expensive than the former..

Dan F

17. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Hyperwash
    DG901
    Mark-V very cherry
    Sonax shampoo

18. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Prima Mystique is my favorite. Works well in the foam gun or cannon and bucket and I always use Prima Hydro after a wash.

19. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

Wolf's White Satin wash or DG 901

20. Kilo6_one

well I need to do an order from Phil, so based on that, what are your recommendations? I think Im going to buy two, megs hyper wash and something else.......