Help me choose interior products...

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by sal329, May 6, 2008.

1. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

To start I am not a pro, I take care of my 2 cars and help out the family and a few friends.
    I am looking for some good cleaners to use for the dash, vinyl and plastic pieces in the car. What is good to clean and condition leather? Carpet, headliner, cloth seats?
    I was lookin at surf city voodoo for the leather, optimuim protectant plus for the dash, vinyl and plastics. But there are sooo many other companies out there that also have my attention I figure I see what everyone else is using?
    Thanks

2. richy

richy Guest

Most surfaces get water:woolite at 8:1. Leather is done with DG products or 303. All cleaned plastic, chrome, vinyl surfaces get 303...I love that stuff.

3. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

A great cleaner is Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner from their detailer line, it should be used diluted for your specific needs. 10 to 1 for general light cleaning, 4 to 1 for heavier grime. Works well, and is pretty darn cheap considering how much you dilute it.

After being cleaned, my dressing of choice has been Optimum Protectant Plus.

Pete

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

If you are on a budget - then get Megs APC, or APC+. Dillute it 1:10-1:15 for interior cleaning, and 1:20 for leather...Although personally I prefer Lexul leather cleaner gel for leather, as I think delicate leather needs delicate treatment.
    As far as conditioner, again, if on a budget - Lexol leather conditioner; but if your budget allows for some good conditioner, then you can't beat Leather Master. Some of the best stuff out there!