Help me choose a premium LSP - GT2 solid black

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by domino, Feb 11, 2010.

1. detailjohn

detailjohn Detailers Advertising Scheme

I haven't had too much of a problem. I apply it with my fingers, and you MUST go super thin with this stuff. Keep a couple of clean quality microfibers on hand and you're good to go.

John

2. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

i agree with you guys that it's all in the prep

this is my old 350z straight off the buff.....this was done professionally before i learnt how to use a buff

106FF and 85RD
    [​IMG]

then adding SV cleaner fluid + Concorso did add noticeably more gloss/wetness
    [​IMG]

during winter, i was using strictly sealants. This is Polylack (Carlack) Cleaner + Sealant. You can tell its a more flat glassy look, doesnt have that carnauba warmth. Solid Black paint tells all
    [​IMG]

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

The CL68 sealant is pretty decent. I use it on wheels for every car I detail (unless it has hubcaps/steelies).

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

im surprised no one has recommended Blackfire MidnightSun wax. you already have Blackfire Wetdiamond, which is an amazing looking LSP as is, and from what i've seen, the wetdiamond with midnight sun over it on black cars looks simply STUNNING. im buying the midnight sun myself to use over wetdiamond as my spring/summer LSP combo for my metallic pearl black GTI.

oh and CONGRATS on the GT2. one of my ALL TIME favorite cars. stunning machine. please take care of her :)

5. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

I was thinking Crystal Rock if you're into natural waxes.