Heavily oxidized 2001 Ford Expedition

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by P1et, Nov 16, 2008.

1. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

Was that a combo you used on a pad mix together? Very nice job..:applause2:

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The pillars, if I recall correctly, were painted the same way the rest of the truck. Perhaps because it was a "Sport" model?

I didn't mix it together, just put the lines next to each other on the pad.

3. richy

richy Guest

P1et..that is so impressive for several reasons. First and foremost obviously is the fantastic job you did on that oxidized paint...highlighted specifically by that amazing 50/50 shot. Second to me was how bloody fast you did it...6.5 hours!! Are you kidding me? Someone pumping espresso into your veins? It was a pleasure seeing that job!:worship2: Lastly, thanks for the tip on mixing the SIP and 105..I never think to try things like that.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Thanks Richy! Remember though, the interior was clean and only needed a dressing/vacuuming. And since it was a one-stepper, well, that saved a lot of time! But no, I didn't take any breaks more than having a drink or taking a piss.

5. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

The only thing the same is the license plate! Nice work, the owner must have been floored.

6. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Wow, when i read this thread previously, din realise that it was done in 6hrs. That was quick.. :worship2:

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

WOW that is one amazing turn around, awesome job

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Nice work Piet....Jobs like this are very rewarding