Hate to make another car wash soap thread but...

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by DC5Berry, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You know, I have a Carquest close to me so I ought to just go by and get it. I've heard great things about that soap and it's kind of a no-brainer since I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. Thank you

EDIT: **So my dad wouldn't pay for shipping lol

2. dublifecrisis

dublifecrisis Any Rag Vehicle Washer

DG901 would be my vote.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Based on your requirements for your dad that you listed, I am most certain the DG soap will fit the bill...

4. OC MBZ

OC MBZ Virgin Detailer

+1 on the Gold Class for the OTC factor. I've actually seen it in the gallons at Costco from time to time around $11 or $12. Can't beat that with a stick! :thumb:

5. SBDinATL

SBDinATL Virgin Detailer

Be careful because CG shipping is a killer......

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

It can use a bit more slickness, but the gloss it leaves is amazing!!! I looks like you just detailed it!

7. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

DG 901 I hear isn't very slick. My vote goes for Meguiars Shampoo Plus. Many top detailers use this soap, and I think it is one of the finest I've ever used. For $15 a gallon, It's certainly the best deal on the market for its quality.

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Without a doubt Majestic Solutions Ultragloss is the best I have ever used for maint. washes. Like krshultz said, it's like washing your car with a big bucket of QD! The shine it leaves afterward is the stunning. The soap is loaded with a gaggle of polymers!

9. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I did a bunch of searching for Majestic Solutions UG and it's so tempting. I want to try it for myself. If it's true what everyone says about it, then I know my dad and I would both be very happy with it!

Thank you guys so much for all of the great help and advice!

10. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I do think DG901 is the best overall soap (cost, added shine, rinsing) of the ones I have used: Mothers, Poorboys, 1z Perls, DG901. 1z is my favorite traditional but just not cost effective (more like ONR). DG901 and PB's seem to work even at more diluted than rated dilutions. Since DG is available at any Carquest there is no shipping costs -- just gas to CQ,

None will really disappoint. They all work in cleaning (included Mothers) and more than sufficient for cleaning need. I have not used Meg's GC.

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I didn't read the whole thread, but one you missed out on was 1Z perlz. LSP friendly and leaves a nice gloss.