Has anyone found a clay/ lube combination that can achieve no marring?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ampbmw, Feb 3, 2012.

1. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Maybe your right... the only other clay lube I have used is from Riccardo.

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Where are you guys ordering Ricardo clay?

Also I noticed there is still mention of Sonus green? I thought they stopped making that along time ago and came out with the new white version of the clay?

3. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

eShine ;)

The Canadian benefit :p And I guess some people still have some left over and are more or less interchangeable although I heard white being worse to use (don't quote me on that).

4. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I guess I won't be ordering ONR for clay lube. LOL

5. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

I like Megs LT too. It's cheap and you can dilute it also.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have been using the white for a while, and haven't been able to get it to mar anything. I think its a nice clay.

7. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

The paint will dictate if your clay process will marr it. Test on a panel and go from there.

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

IMO, too many people jumped on the ONR bandwagon......

Ive been using QD mixed with Dawn for 10 years plus and never had an issue, alot has to do with how clean your car is too, Ive seen clowns clay a car prior to washing it, or even while they are washing it, using the wrong clay, old clay and so forth.

My biggest issue with ONR is that it is not very slick (sorry to those who think its slick, compared to other media it is not) plus using dawn guarantees the car is stripped.

this whole, presoak, iron cut, clay, citrus wash, soak then again wash is just too much for me........ too many steps and too much time wasted when dish soap mixed with APC in a foam cannon will outstrip any citrus soap.

As for Iron cut, I do think it is a valuable addition to decontaminating a car but geeeez what were we doing for the last 10 years prior to it. I am all about economy of motion, efficient wash and cleaning methods.

Remember outside of marring, and flat out scratching paint, its pretty durable considering what it is exposed to on a daily basis, fall out, sap, pollen, acid rain, hard water etc.......if you are going to polish a car, and your clay causes some minor marring it is not the end of the world guys, just polish it as you were planing on polishing and whatever marring you induced by claying it will be gone.

sorry if you are offended.

9. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

No offense taken. living in the snow belt ONR is a godsend. I can still keep my ride clean in the winter with only two buckets and no hose.
    Taking my ride to an automatic car wash is a time and money waster as I get better and more cost saving results with ONR.
    Time is important to me also so ONR allows me to wash my ride quick and gets it clean enough for me. I have had not noticed any marring
    or difficulty using ONR as a clay lube since it came out on the market. have used other clay lubes and was not impressed with them, so why
    should I buy a separate product when I do not need to ? that is my 2 cents LOL !

10. Kilo6_one

I am referring to ONR as a lube, I tried using it as a water less wash, it was a mess LOL..

Chemical Guys EU wash is far better IMO. But I am lucky I live in an area it does not snow etc.

11. flatstick

I knew you were. just saying we all have reasons to use what we use, there is no right or wrong as long as it gets the job done.

I have tried other washes but ONR seems to suit me best .people either hate it or they love it , does not seem to be much middle ground.

12. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

i gave ONR at lube dilution a good run for its money. used it for quite a while. while it gets the job done, it just didnt perform as good as id want it to, as others have stated. my go to right now for light to mild claying is bilt-hamber soft clay and FK425 cut 50/50 with water. or just straight FK425. awesome stuff.

13. Kilo6_one

yeah, Ill give it that. it is a product you either love or hate........

14. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I'm offended. LOL. I'm never trading with / talking to you again. :giggle:

15. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

:thumb:

16. flatstick

best thing to to do to settle this it to have both of you send me all for your goodies and we can call it even ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hate to see you guys not getting along and all :tiptoe:

17. Kilo6_one

awwww shit my internet connection is faddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

18. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I'm just using th ultrafine DI clay and Dodo juice born slippy and has been very minimal to no marring. Just that you'll have to doing a few passes and a lot of folding of clay ;)

19. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I like the CG luber works very well, I now own a gallon of ONR and will be switching to that when the CG stuff runs out.

20. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Ken what are your favorite clay lubes?