Hand Pump Sprayers Galore!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Denzil, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I was going to start a new thread but since has been going on for quite a bit I figured why start a new thread, well here is what I purchased:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well I beleave one is a 10L container and the other one is 5L. The 10L container has P21S Total Auto Wash and what I enjoy about these bottles is the long extended handle, best of all less pumping to mintain the pressure. The smaller one I'm saving for a very special product I have coming my way :whistle: when I receive it I'll post it :peace:

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Those look nice Nica, have you tried them yet? Where did you get them?

3. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

Great post. You put in alot of time and effort to let us know about the performance of those sprayers. Thanks !

4. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Noice pickup Nica! If I weren't just a weekend warrior/hobbyist detailer, I'd definitely want those in my arsenal.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, I've used the larger one and it worked extremely well. The nice thing is that the vehicle I used it on was very low to the grownd and with the wand I was able to get all the way to the wheel wells. My hands barely fit in there so the wand came in really handy. That and when I sprayed down all lower panels of the vehicle it made it really easy to do so. Best part of it is that I dont waist any product as it's a constant gentle mist being sprayed out.

I'll look for the link as to where I got them from but it was Jayplay that provided me the link :peace:

Thank you Showroom Shine, so far I'm quite pleased with these containers :thumb:

Well I shop like a mad man when I find what I'm after, these two units will come in really handy and look great too :thumb:

6. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

I have used many of these when tinting cars(used to manage a car audio shop)

DO NOT LEAVE PRESSURIZED
    longer than needed

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Hmmm, wouldn't that go for all pump sprayers or is my common sense stuck in neutral?

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks! :giggle:

Hmm, I always thought that hand pump sprayers would be designed to withstand the pressure over extended periods of time? I mean, what would be the point in having them if you could get similar results with a normal spray bottle? :shrug:

9. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

I'm more referring to overnight, had one incident involving one of the people that DID work in my shop destroying about 2 grand of car audio equipment after leaving a pressurized sprayer on the workbench over night.

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Update on Solo Customer Service:

As I had posted in a previous post a few weeks ago, I had an issue with my solo 415 leaking product when under pressure for any length of time. Well, Solo fairly compensated me for my loss of product and their defective product. Here is the email that I sent to them:

I am contacting you with regards to my Solo 415 hand pump sprayer. It seems the product that was sent to me was defective as after using it once, it slowly began to leak from the bottom of the bottle when under pressure. At first it wasn't noticeable but it was left to sit overnight in my garage and it ended up discharging through a very fine hole in the bottom of the bottle. I had some very expensive contents in the Solo 415 with it originally almost near full capacity valuing $30. I'm very displeased with this loss and am hoping there is something that can be done to rectify this situation. Please contact me as soon as possible regarding this matter as I am not satisfied with the performance of this defective product and the loss it has incurred on my part. Thank you for your time.

And here is the response email I got from Solo:

Hello,

Please provide us with your address. Solo will replace this unit for you. Thanks!

My original email sent to Solo was sent on July 7th and Solo responded on July 9th. It was until today that I received the replacement. Of course, I was only expecting to receive a direct replacement but when I opened my package I was surprised to find a brand new Solo 418! Of course, it didn't completely cover my loss but no biggie for me. I really wasn't expecting to get a Solo 418 out of it but I'm happy that I did.

This experience alone has changed my view of Solo's customer service but their shipping still take a while, hehe. Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up on my experience with Solo. :thumb:

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Cool beans Denz. I have yet to put my 418s to work. Very cool that they "upgraded" you.

:applause2:

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I ordered two sprayers from Solo and yes the shipping is very slow. It took them a week to ship and another week for them to get here. However, my experience with their CS was favorable. I would order from them again, I just have to accept the fact that it will take a while to get my order.

13. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Same problem with my sprayers. At first i thought it was the sprayer so i bought more and they all do it. i just let the pressure out now

14. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

So is the special product the tardis? Any links for these?

15. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Any links to those sprayers yet? Thanks!

16. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Your always up to something. I have not got into pump sprayers yet but those Orions look good to me...:thumb:

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh sorry guys I completely forgot to post the link to the sprayers..um..I'll post it up shortly here..I just need to find the link again, can't remember which computer I saved the link in :thinking:

18. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

lol remember man.....sharing is caring hehe. Waiting for the link to see how much those orions costs and if it's expensive I guess I'll be going with Solo 418s.

19. Nica

Nica Banned

I've been looking for the site but I think it's in my work computer :shakehead:

These containers are expensive though, something like $60 for the small one and close to $100 for the larger one...I think :shead: But I like them, they com in handy and are still going strong.

I'll keep looking for the website :shead: :shead:

20. Esienmann_M6

Esienmann_M6 Two Bucket System Washer

Thanks allot guys for the review of the sprayers, most helpful!

I have had this sprayer for over 1 and half year and it is still in excellent condition
    and no leak what so ever, it is over priced indeed but once you know
    where it is from you will understand..

topoftheline.com pump sprayer $23 but I got it a while ago it was 40ish$
    [​IMG]

I had in it total auto wash and it never leaked, I cleaned it a while ago
    and been using ONR with it, it never leaked. I need other types of those pump for
    adams undercarieg and also for total auto wash, I am looking for a foamer
    pump and I did not see it posted here, any info on that?