Hand Pump Sprayers Galore!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Denzil, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm glad you enjoyed it JL! If I do end up purchasing more sprayers, I'll probably go with 418s as well. They really are nice!

2. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Great reviews. I was at Big Lots newar my job yesterday and found they have pump sprayers there for $4.50 I picked 2 up but I have not tried em yet.

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Oh man, I ordered a 419 last week.

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

LoL, what does that mean doc? :)

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I ordered a solo 419 pump sprayer and you were not impressed by it. I did order the 418 as well though.

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Eh, I still use mine for TAW. As far as functionality goes, it works fine. It's just it's rather large size that irks me. You might feel otherwise though! Let us know. ;)

7. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

Those pump sprayers do look good. They are prisey though. I 'd just go to Big Lots and buy the ones they carry for $4. I was told that anything other than water messes up the rubber on the pump stem. The life is shortened considerably. So I get the cheaper one's.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Well directly from the Solo USA website, the 415 has a chemically resistant seal and the 418 and 419 have Viton seals.

9. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

The ones at Lowes has the brass nozzle, which are nice, I work there not a problem for me we have plenty, HD don't know about those, I have two of them work well.:applause2:

10. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Nope, I haven't.

12. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Haha.....Is it THAT hard to squeeze a trigger a few times per tire from a trigger sprayer?:) This cracks me up (because I bought a pump too). I purchased a Home Depot sprayer for $6 or so and it performs well. It seems the seal has loosened up recently requiring me to torque the top a little tighter for some reason, but overall it does what I want it to. Big Lots is next...you can't beat it IMO for $4.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I tried my solo 418 yesterday and I gotta say, I loved that thing. Best hand pump sprayer I have tried.

14. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Has anyone compared the Solo to US Plastics sprayers? Which is better?

15. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I plan on picking up some Solo 418s. Once I get them and have had a chance to compare them to the USPlastics Multi-Function sprayer, I'll post my thoughts.

So far, the Meg's Wheel Brightener concoction has not leaked through my Big Lot's sprayer.

By the way, I officially dub this an *EPIC* thread since only on a detailing board would this many pages be dedicated to hand pump sprayers...something is definitely wrong with all of us!

:lol:

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I recently just had an unfortunate accident happen with my Solo 415. Apparently the product was defective and began slowly leaking product from somewhere beneath its bottle when pressurized. Here is what I woke up to the following morning after having used it just once!

Guess what product that is laying in my garage!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yep, that's a little less than 1.5 quarts of P21S Gel. Man was I not happy at all. I didn't bother stressing over it since what's done is done.

Here is the same area in my garage after cleaning it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sent an email to Solo USA regarding this issue and I'm hoping they'll do something to rectify the defective product. I doubt they'll do anything to cover my loss of P21S Gel which is what I really care about the most and not so much about the defective sprayer. I guess I won't be getting anymore Solo 415s. This probably goes the same for the Lowe's sprayer since they are very similar. :doh:

17. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, that's how we do here at Detailing Bliss! :gidiup:

18. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I've actually had no problems with my Lowe's sprayers. They're still going strong but the Home Depot one I picked up was a POS so I'm just using that one for water lol

19. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Denzil that is the exact same thing that happened to my Lowes sprayers, all 4 of them. Lets see I lost Grime Reaper, Bare Bones, and some DP 4n1 Clay Lube. I hate the sprayers sucked but whats worse is losing the product!

20. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

sad panda...I need to check my USPlastics pump sprayer to see if I've lost any TAW...I may be keeping as much as I can in my 5L jug until it's needed. :yikes: