Gun Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by billyblooshoes, Jul 10, 2009.

1. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

definitely man. ill bring you along next time i go.

2. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

Have you tried your local Big R ? The Crawfordsville store has limited ammo on the shelf on occasion. Just like everywhere else, it's same story "we had some yesterday". :doh: Perhaps Cayuga at the gun shop (Darrel's)?

I tried to get the manager at Big R to hold me some for my 4H Shooting Sports Kids Range Days awhile back, that was a negative. Too hot of a commodity right now.

I'll keep an eye out for you, what load are you looking for?

3. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Big R here hasn't had .45 for months now, when they did, they were high as heck.

I found the last box of .45 at Walmart yesterday, it was a 100 round box for $30.00. That is a pretty good deal.

Today I picked up 200 more rounds from someone local that reloads and has good stuff. I will probably just start getting everything through him. He has jacketed .45 for $15 a carton.

4. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

Good deal! Glad you have a connection! Nothing worse than wanting to shoot and you can't get ammo. :shakehead:
    Dicks Sporting Goods had jacketed 9mm last week in stock for $15 for 50 rds. Man has this stuff went through the roof in the past year.
    Dave

5. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Anyone Watch Lock-n-Load on the History Channel?

New Episode on NOW :chips: :ar15:

6. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Currently I have a Remington Nylon 66 that my Dad bought me when I was 12, that was 38 years ago, I love that little gun and it's one of the few things my Dad gave me that I still have. I also have a Colt .357 Trooper, and a .380 auto, Shotguns: 7 shot street sweeper from S&W, and my Dad's old single shot H&R - with the 30" barrel, thing still kicks like a mule! I've owned a 1976 special edition Ruger Mini 14, a Colt AR-15 Sporter and a AR-15 Carbine, yes - I was sooooooo stupid to sell them!

Remember bro's, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

7. Obsessive Detail

If anyone is looking for some 1911 magazines let me know. I have a ton of 10 round and 7 round magazines that are brand new I need to get rid of.

8. Obsessive Detail

Here are some pictures of the guns I have here right now. Sorry the picture quality isn't too good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. skurzhun

skurzhun Birth of a Detailer

What brand are they? I picked up a pair for my 1911 they're crap. They don't fit right right so when you drop the mag it doesn't drop freely out of the mag well.

10. Obsessive Detail

The 10 rounders are really nice ProMag and the 7 rounders are the stock mags that Springfield uses. I'm pretty sure they are Metalform. I haven't had any problems with either style. They both work great.

11. Obsessive Detail

Here is a picture of them. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Is that a spikes tactical lower?

13. Obsessive Detail

No, the rifle is a Rock River Arms Tactical series.

14. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

Do you know if they're still around? I tried going to their site but it wasn't coming up. I read some where that dealers are mad at them because of their pricing practices. I wonder if the company went out of business?

15. skurzhun

Spikes Tactical is still around. I'm planning on picking up an upper from them whenever they get some parts back in stock. Who knows how long that will be. The lead time for what I want is a 3-4 week wait on top of whenever the other parts come in.

16. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

They are still around.I just picked up another one of there lowers.

17. skurzhun

New additions..

Remington 700 LTR
    Stag Lower
    Springfield XD9

[​IMG]

Now I need some optics for the remmy.

18. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I never did understand why some would choose a Beretta or anything with a safety for a combat weapon. And, if you are thinking something in the nightstand, having something that requires the actuation of a slide would make it difficult to get a round in the pipe, if you found yourself struggling with someone before your chambered a round. I keep a P228 Sig. (No safety and one in the pipe) But, a good old fashion six shooter (686 Smith SS 4" w/ Pachmyer combat grips) But, I would like something a little different for home defense. Maybe something like this...

[​IMG]

19. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

yeah im bringing this thread back.

anyone in here have any experience with the mossberg 590A1? thinking about picking up a cheap-ish 12ga tactical style shotty for HD soon. mossberg 500 series seems to fit the bill.

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I see some nice guns there...any of you guys own AK-47 yet???