Gun Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by billyblooshoes, Jul 10, 2009.

1. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

seems the ammo crisis is slowing down steadily, at lease in the area i live in. i can pretty much get ammo for anything at my area gun shop, but a couple months ago it was pretty scrace, especially 9mm, .40, and .45 and .223.

2. skurzhun

skurzhun Birth of a Detailer

I haven't been to my local shop to pick any ammo so I'm not sure how it is there but I can only imagine prices have gone way up. The shop has a lot traffic these days. I've been looking online and stock is very limited. All the good ammo is out of stock. You can still find the cheaper, dirty, lower quality ammo though. I'm going to stick a 22lr conversion bolt in my ar15 till I can get some 223 at a reasonable price.

3. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Kinda hard to conceal that bad boy, isn't it:shead:

Great photo, that seems to be a good candidate for some sort of caption?

4. billyblooshoes

ha well funny thing is, since the G26 is a subcompact, if i wear my Inside Waist Band holster at the 5oclock position, i can actually reasonably conceal the glock with the 33 round mag. i mean granted the bottom of the mag pokes up against my shirt a little but and i would never actually carry like that, but its doable.

caption...hmmm. i'll leave that up to you guys. im drawing a blank right now.

5. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

5 O'clock position means you're a lefty? 5 o'clock is my choice for the .45s too, butt heel facing out. The Smith, i usually just stuff in my jeans pocket.

That's a very impressive set up, that's for sure.

6. billyblooshoes

no im not a lefty. im right handed. check out my pic of the glock holstered in the first post of this thread. thats how i daily carry, and draw with my right hand. i dunno, some people think its weird, but it works best for me.

7. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Hey Billy, I noticed you mentioned being able to rent guns to shoot at the firing range; I was wondering how much that usually costs, and if you would reccomend some kind of training course prior. I've always been interested in visitting a range but never knew they rented out guns.

8. skurzhun

Depending on the range you go to you may or may not be able to rent. Just to give you and idea the local range here charges $12-$20/hour per handgun $15/hour per long gun and charges $14/hour for pistol lanes and $16/hour for rifle lanes. On top of that you'll need eye and ear protection. The other range I've been to does not rent fire arms and charges $15 all day regardless of the lane.

If you've never gone yes I'd recommend a safety class. Some ranges include the firearm rental with a class. Otherwise go with someone who's experienced who can teach you. All the ranges are slightly different with their rules.

9. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Just what I was looking for, thanks Skurz, I'll have to check out the local ranges.

10. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

I'm weird also then, I carry my M&P inside the waistband on my left hip with a forward cant. More comfortable for me to cross draw as well. IMO... it makes it more difficult for someone to come up from behind and "borrow it" also. :shrug:

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I live in CA, where and how can I get something like this? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

12. billyblooshoes

good luck is all i can say. from what i understand, the gun laws in CA are VERY strict, especially in regards to assault style weapons such as the AR-15.

here in PA though, all i have to do is walk into my gun shop of choice, pick out which one i want, pass an FBI phone background check, sign a bunch of paper work, pay for it, and walk out. its a beautiful thing.

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Well the OP of the AR lives in San Fransisco! Lets hope he has a way...

14. skurzhun

There's ways. It's not very difficult at all. You have two options. You can buy a prebuilt California Legal AR15 with a fixed magazine. Not much fun. Can't pick the parts you want. Must be breech loaded.

The other way requires you to piece together the rifle yourself. You'll need a lower receiver, a lower parts kit (trigger, hammer, safety, magazine catch, bolt catch, pistol grip etc...), a stock (buffer tube and spring), 10 round magazine, and a upper receiver assembly. Put it all together and you have an AR15. There's several laws you'll need to read an understand so that you keep the weapon legal.

PM me and I'll link you to some info on how to build it and some good sites for information specific to California.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

PM ME!!!!!!!! I need this rifle!!

16. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I have a Sig Arms P228 compact 9mm. It's a workhorse. Best story I have is a Missouri militia day some buddies and I did a few years back. A buddy who is a St. Louis county cop brought 3 handguns, I had my Sig, and another buddy brought a rifle and a muzzle loader. We put a few hundred rounds through it that day. We were on some open land and shot everything we could find. What a blast!

17. billyblooshoes

yeah i simply LOVE going to the range. if i was rich, i could literally stay there alllllll day and go through hundreds and hundreds of rounds. one day....

18. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I own three weapons total:

Glock 22 (.40 Caliber) W/ 15 round capacity magazines.

Smith & Wesson 642 (.38 Special)

Winchester Model 94 30-30 Lever Action Rifle.

19. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Anyone know of any good deals on 45 ACP right now? I just got a Springfield 1911 and having a time finding ammo for it!

20. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Hey Billy, maybe we could go to the range sometime, so I could shoot a gun. I havent fired a weapon since I was in the service!