Group Buy on Gtechniq????

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jan 31, 2010.

?

What would you like to see from Gtechniq

1. Exterior Paint Protectants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Interior Products

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. Glass Treatment

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Trim Restoration

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. The Complete Line

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Thier glass treatment rocks!

2. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I will definately reiterate my thoughts; I want to get some Gtechniq! It would be nice to get some from Phil to support DD, but not sure what the time frame is so that will be the determining factor for me.

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I have been wanting to try trim restorer and the coating

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

So when's this stuff gonna be in stock, Phil? I'm going to see if my next customer is silling to pay for me applying c4 trim restorer to all the trim on his Avalanche.

5. washerwaxer

washerwaxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Any word on the availability of this line? I am interested in a good glass sealant.

6. Amused

Amused Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Agreed! So does their glass polish and wheel sealant.

It'd be awesome to have a solid trustworthy shop (aka DD) selling the stuff in the States. All of my G|Techniq products are from the source, and it costs a pretty penny to ship over the Pond.

I'd love to get my hands on some C2 Concentrate...Phil?

7. washerwaxer

washerwaxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Phil? x2.

A bottle of G3 costs 8.65 GBP and shipping for one bottle costs 13.13 GBP.

8. metajames

metajames Birth of a Detailer

Their C2/C5 and glass treatments would also be high on my list. Hope you an work something out with these guys.

I'm very interested in C1 but it is hard to find details on application wich is apparently a bit finicky apparently they may be strict about their reseller network for this product/service.

9. gben

gben Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So far I've used C1, C2 (QD not concentrate), C5, G1, G3, G4,and Smart Fabric. Of course since I applied G1 & G3 we haven't had any appreciable rain fall to find out how well it works. Gtechniq recommends G1 For the windscreen and G3 for the rest of the glass on your vehicle, G3 also for windscreens on vehicles that see mainly city driving as the rain is supposed to start blowing off at 30 mph. G1 is supposed to wear better / last longer than G3. The products I've used from them have all met or exceeded my expectations. :thumb: Small bottle sizes yes but in every time so far more than enough to complete the job, a little does go a long way. On the small size bottle of C1 you may not have enough to do a really large vehicle like my Silverado extended cab. The small size C5 should certainly cover all 4 of my 18 inch wheels. It covered the wheels on our Ranger with at least enough left over to do 2 more and I might have applied it a little heavy. The C1 made the blue metallic look stunning. It's not a wet look , to me it's more glass like, at least on this color. I cannot wait to try it on black. Smart Fabric appears to work fine in the little test of it I did after applying it to the seats of the Ranger. Make sure you let the vehicle air out after using this stuff. I used cotton make up pads to apply the C1 and C5 and if you should run out of the ones they supply you with you can find them at a local beauty supply store. I'll be trying the C4 on my wifes nearly 12 yr old Accord very soon and will let you know how that goes, though I'm not expecting to be disappointed .

10. Vader007

Vader007 Virgin Detailer

C2,C3 ,C4 , G1 and the whell sealant . I would like to try each one.:thumb:

11. Amused

Amused Any Rag Vehicle Washer

@Phil - What's the status of this? Are you close to bringing GTechniq over or is this a fleeting idea?

12. metajames

metajames Birth of a Detailer

Any updates on this GTechniq group buy? Still in the works or should I stop holding my breath? :D

13. tuscani2718

tuscani2718 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I to would like too would love to see this line brought in.

14. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Yes Me aswell . Really interested in this line

15. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I would like to try C1, C4. I wonder how C1 compares to Cquartz because thats what I want to get. If its as easy to apply as Cquartz I would rather get C1 from you Phil. I have been looking at the Gtechniq line on Pakshak but for some reason they don't have a price for G1 you have to call them. I am guessing its like Opti-Coat where only professionals can purchase it. If its is that sucks for us hobby detailers.

16. wascallyrabbit

wascallyrabbit Virgin Detailer

i believe you have it backwards g1 (for glass) is available to everyone and c1 is similar to opti-coat (for professionals).