Group buy on 3M UK pads and backing plate

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by matrix_808, Jan 24, 2009.

1. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

Dammit I miss this........

2. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

For those who placed an order, order has been placed.

I will update this thread so I do not need to keep PMing everyone.

3. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

I'm looking forward to this order!

4. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

**UPDATE**

Ok so some good and bad news. Good is that I received the pads but the full order is not there. I was back ordered on the blue and green pads but those just arrived and are now on its way to me, so it should be a week more, but this is a pic of what has come in so far. It is a little less than half the order.

[​IMG]

There was maybe one person who did not order green and blue and I will mail those out since your pads have all come in. However to those who did order green and blue, i'm sorry but its gona be a couple more weeks until i get them.

5. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I just ordered the gray bp. So i'm good right?

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Yup you are good then, I have to check my list of who ordered what, but for the people without blue and green pads i will get your items mailed out early next week.

7. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Cool. Thanks.

8. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Patience is a good trait to have :)

Looking forward to my package in a few weeks!

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Got mine today - thanks man!

10. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Got mine also. Thanks Brent.

11. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

no problem guys. Just waiting for the rest of the pads to come in so they can all go out.

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I'm using some of the 3M UK pads this afternoon. And my conclusion is that...I should have bought more of them!

The yellow one is a pleasure to use. It feels like it will be "too soft" to have much cut to it - but it works great. The nice soft foam, coupled with the 3M UK backing plate, make the machine just glide over pretty much any surface. Flat, curved, complex bends...just go. I am completely won over.

The green pad, at first touch, felt, to me, like I'd be polishing with a big flat rock! :yikes: It feels like it's got a lot of cut, and it does. The foam is a lot more firm than the yellow, but even still, it behaves beautifully.

If "confidence inspiring" is a fair way to describe pads, these are confidence inspiring.

Thanks again, Brent!

13. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Nice review :thumb:

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yep, those 3M UK pads are truly awesome! I got mine in Brent's first batch order, hehe. :thumb:

15. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Yeah, I'm sold. They're just so easy to work with! Today's project is a Toyota MR2 Spyder. Lots of compound curves, fender flares, and slats in the engine cover. I'd have been afraid to take something like a LC Orange over those slats, but this 3M UK Yellow, it just glides right over them. Easy peasy.

I may end up ordering some more on my own. I'm that impressed with them. The blue finishing pad with 85RD is magic!

Thanks again Brent...except I think you just cost me money! :lol:

16. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

haha no problem.

and good news I just got the rest of the order today. I'll post up pics in a few hours when I get home, but I'll update, I did order a few extras so I MAY have a couple extras to spare. And yes i do love that yellow one so i might have extra of that one.

I know i have some extra 3" ones in all colors.

17. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

alright after the long wait, everything is finally in. I will try to get everything boxed up this weekend and mailed out next week. Here's some pictures. After I separate all the sold stuff, i'll see if there is anything extra and post it up here. Here's the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Ok as far as extras go, i didnt order as much extra as i thought i did. This is what extra i have:

3"
    - 3ea green
    - 3ea yellow
    - 3ea blue

6"
    - 1 ea blue
    - 1ea yellow

no extra Backing plates

19. rtrt2889

rtrt2889 Birth of a Detailer

Wow what a great order. Cant' wait to get my pads! It'll be worth the wait! =]

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Please remember if your going to sell the extras, you need to post it in the appropriate section.