Group buy on 3M UK pads and backing plate

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by matrix_808, Jan 24, 2009.

1. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

by normal 3m, do you mean the US version? If so there seems to be a slight difference. the US one seems a bit more rough than the UK one.

2. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

PM sent.

3. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Sorry, my bad. I meant between the one sold on PB's site and the black one you were referring to. I'm just wondering as I picked up the 3M from PB and the red/black one on his site hours before you made your thread

4. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

They are the exact same as the Polished Bliss ones.

5. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Oh, ok. Thanks! That made me feel relieved with my purchase :)

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

k wait im a bit confused now. are you talking about backing plates or pads? if you ordered his red/black backing plate thats an M14 thread and will not fit US rotaries without some sort of adapter. The 3m backing plate you have to be careful which one you order because they also have an M14 and 5/8" backing plate.

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I was talking about the backing plates haha. I got the 3M one from his site as well as the red/black one. I figured that I could find the M14 to 5/8 adapter sometime down the road :)

And no worries, I ordered the 5/8 version of the 3M plate :thumb:

8. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Matrix- The gray one's you have is 5/8 thread for U.S market right?
    And there softer than the yellow ones that DD sells correct?

9. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

I use them to buy adapters for my watercooling on my computer. Apparently everything in the UK is better.. I have a thermalchill radiator from the UK.

BUT.. I ordered two adapter for $4..and no where does it say how much shipping will be.. and when they charged my credit card they charged me $14 for shipping a small envelope. :(

10. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Yes both backing plates will be 5/8 thread and you are correct, the gray one is much softer than the yellow backing plate.

11. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Thanks.
    I was looking on there site. Can we get 75mm in 5/8 thread.I didn't see it.

12. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

no thats only M14 thread. And im only ordering 3m stuff.

13. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

when are you placing the order?

14. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I am not that familiar with these pads. What is the difference in the blue and black pad? I saw the blue mentioned on the link, but there was no black pad. Also, is the black available for the 80mm? Thanks!

15. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Order will probably be placed this Friday 1/30

16. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

the black would be more similar to yellow. the blue is a finishing pad. no black is not available in 80mm.

17. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Last call, I plan on placing the order on Friday. PM me before that if you would like to participate.

18. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

You have a PM.Thanks.

19. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

i'm in on 125mm 3m uk pads. matrix, i'm in the philippines right now. can i get it from you when i come back to the US?

20. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Last call, order is going in :applause2: