griots garage 6inch polisher 3rd gen quick review

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by nyrep1, Jan 29, 2013.

1. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

had a chance to use my 3rd gen for the first time this week. when i first got the box from phill i felt the unit seemed heavier then the 2nd gen . it also feels more compact but after laying a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen next to each other they are very close in size. the 3rd gen feels more compact due to the rounded edges in the rear and near the polisher head.

Now i know that griots says they did not change anything mechanical but i honestly dont believe that they would redesign the unit this soon and not address the mechanical issues....i have been through 3 gen2s with very heavy use in the last year and i can tell you that using a g2 and g3 back to back i noticed a few things. 1 g3 is louder then any of my g2's except the last one which was purchased a few weeks before the g3 was released. 2 on speed one the g3 is faster then my older g2s and but about the same as the newer g2. 3 on speed one the g3 is vibrating horribly to the point that i wont use it to apply lsp....but above 1.5 it is smoother then my g2s. now this could all be because the unit is new but i dont know i hope they made a few changes because i really love this machine

im attaching a few pics...i can make some videos of the speed and noise difference if you guys would like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Thanks for the review!!

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Interesting review. Others have reported sample to sample differences in peformance.