Griot's - anything worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by krshultz, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

He wanted to learn something and then found out that he could have gotten the pc for a much cheaper price. It was all in good fun between my uncle and guy running the class. You need to relax and I hear you try to get free samples yourself from a certain place that you think you are entitled to, I guess that is different. Atleast my uncle and the Griots guy knew it was pure fun and some ribbing. The Griots guy just happened to be very generous that day, no harm, no foul.

2. Bunky

Bunky Guest

It was the story came across differently to me than pure fun hence my comment. No problem by me. As for the free samples, it was one product offered under the condition that I do a review.

Enjoy.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I got my Griots clay today from my buddy, 8oz is alot of clay..those that have used it, do you split it up in quarters, or use the whole thing at once..I hope you all answer quarters..

4. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

I split mine into Quarters, I think Most people split them in 1/2

I can acheive the same results using Quarters, and this way it last me twice as long.I also don't neseceraly chunk it after each use. Inspect, If it still looks pretty clean, knead it up.

Your gonna love this Stuff Dude:headbang:

5. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

With any clay, I split it into a smaller size than most people probably do, at least to start. Maybe the size of two silver dollars. I figure if it's too small, I can always break off a little bit more and add it.

Man, I remember when I was a novice, using the whole darn bar and dropping it on the ground, and getting in the car to go to AutoZone to get another...:whistle:

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I appreciate your quick responses..I'm looking forward to using it soon..

7. gian995

gian995 Virgin Detailer

I have a few Griots products that I have been using over the years. I love their Speedshine and clay. Thats the only clay I use. I also like their interior cleaner. I use it on the wood trim, doors and any other non leather surfaces. Their car wash, although expensive, works great. Very sudsy and rich. $30 for a gallon is a bit much though. I think its $39 now..

8. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

I have used the polish line and liked them to the extent it was my main source of polish, with greater exposure to various forums over the last few years, this has opened my eyes to more products. These would be the products i currently use from Griots. Speed Shine, and by the way, it's fairly inexpensive, Hand polish, clay, 3" buffing pads, Glass Polish, Waffle weave, which is going on like 5 years, works great, Car care organizer bag, interior cleaner.
    The engine spray detail is garbage as are some other products they make. Most products they carry are overpriced, but then again, some other manufactures products fall into that class also. Hope that helps a little.

9. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Autogeek is selling their line now - anybody have any comment on that little 3" polisher?

10. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

I've used some of their products for over 10 years at this point. Their Speedshine is certainly a great product. I'm always amazed at the common response that their 35oz products are overpriced... I see so many other 16oz products priced above their 9.99 price point. If you purchase their gallon refills the price is even better. A list of stuff I regularly use is:

- Speedshine
    - Interior cleaner
    - Long Life Tire Dressing
    - Spray on Wax
    - Car Wash soap

Additionally, several of their tools are quite handy to have in the garage. I've gotten numerous uses from their tamper-proof bit set. The folding clothes line is great for handing towels to dry prior to washing.

There are certainly better options to some of their products. Enjoy!

11. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

I haven't tried the 3 inch RO polisher after reading some reviews on it. I opted out for the 3 inch RO Metabo, which i really like.

12. dunncsu

dunncsu Two Bucket System Washer

Over the last week i have had the chance to use a lot of their products.
    I will run down my opinions on the ones i have used this far (i plan on testing almost all of their chemicals)

- the new orbital - Much more powerful then their old one. Does not vibrate near as much as my PC. It is a nice tool.

- Machine polish 1,2,3 + 4- In my opinion these polishes are for the beginner. They have very little cutting ability. I used + 1 on a Porsche Cayenne (should be soft paint) it did have some cut but not very much and it is their most aggressive polish. While the polishes are good products i felt it was taking far to long to get correction.

- Glass cleaner - Great product
    - Speed Shine - Will replace my old quick detailer i love the stuff.
    - Clay bar - Great product and you get a lot.
    - Orange pad - Average pad, the one i was using started to fall off of the Velcro half way through the car.

To try next week
    - 3 + 6 inch glass polish pads
    - Glass polish
    - Undercarrage spray
    - Leather rejuvenator.

I have access to most of their product line so if you guys have anything you want me to try and report back about let me know.

13. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

I think you'll enjoy the Leather Rejuvenator. I've used several bottles over the years.

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Thanks for the responses guys. When I cave and order the chair and the collapsible bucket, I'll check out a bottle of Speed Shine at the very least.

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Search the net before you order as there is always a 10% off code floating around and normally a code for a free 8 oz bottle of something.