Glass Sealant

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by JPMo, Nov 17, 2011.

1. JPMo

JPMo Virgin Detailer

Hey guys, Im new here but Ive been lurking for quite some time and have learned a ton of things! My family thinks I'm crazy with all this wash/wax stuff but they just don't understand! :comfort: haha

Anyways, I wanted to get the scoop on the different window sealants. I know Adam's has their glass cleaner and sealant kit and I see Wolf makes an individual glass sealant. How are these products and how do they stack up against RainX? (only sealant I've used).

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Nothing wrong with RainX is the glass is prepped correctly, I've been using it for years. Call me crazy, i use Powerlock too........... I've yet to buy a "glass sealant" besides Rain X because frankly it works very well. May not last as long as Adams though which is the only one I'm interested in trying out.

3. JPMo

JPMo Virgin Detailer

I feel that with RainX, the wipers basically wash away the product and the sheeting drops noticeably, within a couple days its mostly gone. Maybe Im just expecting too much and this is common with all Glass sealants.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

why not try out new wolf chemicals glass sealant? Or, if you wanna go for coating gtechniq is very hard to beat.

5. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

I've been very impressed with wolfs glass sealant so far. I've been using my washer fluid(which contains 40% methanol alcohol) on it regular basis and its still holding up like a champ. Its only been a little over a month but even with the repeated alcohol wipedowns from the washer fluid and wipers it still looks exactly like day one. Jesse's had this on a car for over a year and it's still looking good.

Wolf's Chemicals paint, glass and trim nano sealants 1 year update - YouTube

6. JPMo

JPMo Virgin Detailer

Interesting, That's about what my car is doing now, but it hasn't been a year since my last application of RainX. Im going to have to check it out but boy its expensive!