Glass cleaner

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by willjco, Sep 28, 2009.

1. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Here's the response I got back from Sprayway. You guys will find this interesting; it sure surprised me.

Hello Karl,

Sprayway does not guarantee the results for this application. SW050 Glass Cleaner is ok to use on factory installed tinting.

Please contact us for any additional information.

Olga Hernandez
    Sales Coordinator
    Sprayway, Inc

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Oh well. I have used it on multiple vehicles with no ill effect. Both factory and aftermarket tint.

On a side note, my SUV has factory tint, and it's not a film. The glass is "dipped" during the process :shrug:

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I am guessing that is there legal departments response to such a questions as you never know the quality of the film or type of film. From every tint company rep I have talked to have only said ammonia free is what you need.

4. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I agree with both of you. I'm going to keep using it, because it's not given me any trouble, and I really like it a lot. I simply thought I'd go ahead and share the "official response" I got back from them.

5. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Window & Glass Cleaner (1Gal)

I'm giving that a shot, should be here tomorrow!

6. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Just wanted to add that the Adam's New Glass cleaner plus is really great! Been awhile since I have been impressed with a glass cleaner. Doesn't have ammonia or alcohol in it, but some sort of ultrafine polishing agent. Worked quite well on some really fogged up windows. No streaking at all. Definitely worth a try if you haven't already. I'll definitely be picking up a gallon from Detailers Domain soon.

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Those ultrafine polishing agents worry me when using them on tinted windows. hmmm, any opinions?

8. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I have only used it on non-tinted windows, but its always reasonable to be concerned. I think someone else in the thread mentioned that ammonia is what can damage the tint, so with this being ammonia free, it should not be an issue.

As far as the ultrafine polishing agents, this is the excerpt from adams website:

"Everyone says their glass cleaner doesn't streak or smear, and ours really doesn't. Just mist, wipe and buff for glass and clear plastic so clean it almost seems to disappear! It's so gentle, you can even use it on the most delicate window tint films and navigation displays."

I would like to hear some other opinions as well.

9. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Same. Love it

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Ankeet and I partially split a gallon of this new glass cleaner, and so far, I really like it a lot. It's very easy to use and it does work extremely well. No problems as of yet with streaking or lack of cleaning power. And it smells like lime life savers.

By my calculations, assuming a 19oz. can of invisible glass, you get 6.7 "cans" worth of glass cleaner. Given Phil's price of $29.95USD, minus the 10% DB member discount, it works out to almost exactly $4 per 19oz portion. So, it's competitively priced with Invisible Glass, according to current IG pricing on Amazon.

I'll have to see how I like using a trigger bottle for glass cleaner. I'd grown used to aerosol, and I like them. They work properly when held at odd angles.

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Like Karl said I got some of the Adams cleaner from splitting a gallon and right when I got home I had to use it on the glass in my bathroom and worked great. Cut right through all the water spots towards the bottom of the glass and left a really clear reflection in the mirror. Cant wait for the rain to stop to test it out on the car and the inside of my car where I have tint. Smell is also great, looks like lime juice!

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Works like a champion on TV and laptop screens, too. It's safe - the label on the back recommends its use on them.

13. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Guest

Its good to see others have noticed the value vs. popular OTC alternatives, this is an excerpt from a post I made awhile back on another forum that breaks the math down.

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I missed this thread. I like Sprayway..use it on the exterior. I still like Surf City on the interior.

15. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

So... I bought a bottle of the Adams glass polish and unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

My personal windshields have an Aquapel treatment done to them every winter. (I live in Nor-Cal and it only rains in the winter). I found with the Aquapel treatment and the Adams glass cleaner that I could not get rid of streaks. Regardless of what I tried.

Even using brand new just out of the wrapper Uber Glass MF's from Phil, in my garage on a warm dry day, the streaks would persist. Something just didn't mix right.

This happened on multiple cars.

I reported this back to Adams and they kindly refunded my money for the product, for which I was quite pleased.

To this day I haven't found anything able to beat Sprayway foaming glass cleaner.

Hope this helps.

16. raiderboy

raiderboy Two Bucket System Washer

I use Mark-Vs Window Sheen, it's easily the best I've used, in fact it's the product that turned me onto Mark-V. It's quicker and easier than the Stoners, plus I usually cut it bout 3-1, so you get like 64oz of cleaner for $8.

17. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I was stoners fan, then moved to AG fast glass, then got a tester from showroom fx and was blown away! Hands down best I've used so far. Sent a sample to ken, can't wait for a second opinion.

18. Dr Wax

Dr Wax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use Duragloss glass cleaner with good results. Smell is not that great but it gets the job done. I used Dg nu glass for the first time and wow ! I had sap on my sunroof and it took care of it in 1 application. I will try zep soon, can`t get any cheaper then that...

19. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

ive recently started to use CG speed wipe on my windows and it works quite well. I always used to get lint from my microfiber towels on the glass because i currently dont have a glass towel, but the slickness of the qd keeps the fibers from sticking to the glass...and it smells like watermelons haha.

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I use Hope's Peferkt Glass, was a long time Stoner's user but this stuff blows it away.