Glass cleaner

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by willjco, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

All of the Meguiar's Glass Cleaners are safe on tinted windows, aftermarket or otherwise.

2. richy

richy Guest

Don't forget about the Zep professional glass cleaner. You can cut it 32:1, it is available locally and is a fantastic product. You won't regret trying it.

Edit: I also like using it on plastic.

3. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

Thank you all.

Megs glass cleaner seem to be the way to go

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Has anyone tried Adams new glass cleaner with there micro-polish or what ever?

5. ditttoo

ditttoo Virgin Detailer

Have used the Adam's which has "micro" polishers - leaves a very nice finish/pop/shine. Works extremely well but can be a bit finicky if your towel is not absolutely clean from the beginning; otherwise you get some streaking but still a very sound product.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I find myself reaching for Sprayway or Lusso Glass Polish. I like lusso for the interior glass, since the mist is easily controlled, the bottle is small enough to fit at the base of the windshield, and you can spray even when it's inverted.

I don't really notice a performance difference between sprayway and lusso though.
    I also always top the cleaned glass with Duragloss aquawax.

7. E328xi

E328xi Virgin Detailer

Welll, since I'm a newb, I use Rain-X cleaner and protectant...I might have to look for some glass polish :)

8. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

I have heard some good things about adams new glass cleaner. Anyone have feed back on it?

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

If you like Rain-X, try Duragloss Rain Repel. It's a glass cleaner that also provides the "Rain-X effect." Much less hateful to work with than Rain-X, too.

10. cnut

cnut Guest

Zep's is really good. It's about $11 a gallon and that goes a lonnnng way at the dilution rate of 32:1.

11. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i use detail king glass cleaner its like 8$ for a gallon and can be diluttid. works very good no streaks or smears. i perfer it over invisibale glass.

12. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

fwiw, when the 1Z 10L of the windscreen clear becomes available again, I'm switching to that. Not as cost effective as the rest, but then again, I have switched glass cleaners a few times over the last 2 years.

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Fixed that for ya, Rog. :lol:

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I can't help it. I actually emailed them today too, asking a few questions!

15. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

OK gang, I went to Target today to pick up season four of How I Met Your Mother on DVD. While I was in there, I got a couple cans of Sprayway. Yep, "Ammonia Free." It doesn't say anything specifically about tint, however.

So, I just used the "Contact Us" form on the Sprayway website a moment ago, and asked them the window tint question directly. I'll let you all know what the official answer is.

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Ammonia is the main chemical that kills tint. Where did you find Sprayway at Target?

17. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I use it and love .Leaves the glass really clean and smells so good

18. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

This is what I use, I dilute it with DI water.

19. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Im using megs D120 glass cleaner, dilluted 1:10 ... smell nice & tint safe ...

20. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

That's what I figured (regarding the ammonia), since they make a separate, "ammoniated" version. I've used Sprayway on my S2000 and my F250, both of which have aftermarket tint on them, with no ill effects. I just figured I'd take the minute or two to ask the company directly, since I was on their website anyway.

I buy it at Target. It's not in Automotive, it's in Household, where you would find Windex and similar stuff. $2.64/can, and it's the same 19oz. size as Invisible Glass.

I prefer aerosol glass cleaners, since I find that most trigger bottles can dribble when held at odd angles, such as when spraying the bottom of a windshield, close to the dashboard. Still, I wouldn't mind trying this Meguiar's stuff you guys speak so highly of.