Getting 7424 with other stuff-opinions?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by ericeng2, Sep 10, 2011.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

thanks for the order.

2. ericeng2

ericeng2 Two Bucket System Washer

hahaha. it must be because it's a sunday.
    The sad part is that I won't be able to touch any of this until this following weekend! I'm just too busy throughout the week.

3. ericeng2

Got the shipping number. Hopefully Fed Ex is like UPS and ships from NJ to MD in a day.

4. ericeng2

Just got everything today! I must say, the packing is amazing. Usually its not anything to mention, but it definitely is a nice touch.

Sadly I wont be able to work on anything until the weekend. So the next update will be then. Hopefully I will be able to post pics up too. Including some (hopefully) awesome 50/50 pics.

Sent from my Galaxy S

5. ericeng2

Quick question about the Colli 845. Opening the bottle, I realized it is pretty much a solid. How do I get it out?!?!?! And in small amounts? I'm guessing it is supposed to be applied in dime or quarter sized dots.

6. nymisano

nymisano Virgin Detailer

Shake the 845, then shake it some more. When done, repeat. Can leave the bottle in a bowl of warm water to help.

7. ericeng2

hahahah. I'm going to stop going to the gym, and just shake my bottle of 845 for exercise...

Another idea! Get one of those vibrating massagers. Duct tape the 845 to the end, and let it run while I'm doing my car.

8. ericeng2

Well, I went over the headlight today. Started off with the power finish and green pad and it turned out well, but still had some specks from the brake fluid on it. So I broke out the MF pad and the Meg D300. Went at it and it looked great! Finished it back off with the power finish and green pad. At this point, it looked pretty much brand new. So I sealed it with the power lock and called it a day.

Now, I exaggerate when I say brand new. The gloss and shine have definitely come back to the headlight and it looks hundreds of times better. But I do still have some of the specks. I'm sure I can get them out with time, but as of now, I am very happy with where it is. Maybe when I do the actual paint, I will go back over the headlight to finish it up.

I don't know if I will be able to correct the paint this weekend as it seems to be a continuous downpour until monday. So we will see what happens.

9. ericeng2

so awesome news (for me)! Weather seemed to have cleared up for a little bit so I went ahead and waxed my car and clay barred it.

My clay bar kind of fell apart by the end... going to have to get a new one of those. I'm not quite sure what happened, but by the end of the car, small chunks were coming off.

I'm in the process of taping up right now and going to go to town with the buffer this evening. Hoping I can get atleast the front done.

10. ericeng2

so awesome news (for me)! Weather seemed to have cleared up for a little bit so I went ahead and waxed my car and clay barred it.

My clay bar kind of fell apart by the end... going to have to get a new one of those. I'm not quite sure what happened, but by the end of the car, small chunks were coming off.

I'm in the process of taping up right now and going to go to town with the buffer this evening. Hoping I can get atleast the front done.

11. ericeng2

alright, so I didn't have the camera this weekend so no in-the-process pictures, but I will put up final pictures after I get some 845 on.

The 7424 made a WORLD of a difference though. The hood and quarter panel definitely look in great shape now. Under light and heavy scrutiny you can still see some of the spots and some of the sanding scratches, but any point beyond 5 inches from the paint, you really can't tell.

I buffed the rest of the car with Super Finish and a green pad. Everything looks great and the paint looks like it has some life bought back into it.

I put a quick layer of power lock and you guys are right. a little bit does go a long way.

So now at this point, I'm just waiting another (atleast) 10 hours before I put on the 845. The car already looks great too.

12. ericeng2

So, poking around some forums a little, I saw that Colli 845 actually has solvents that may possibly dissolve anything underneath (such as power lock).

Now, from 5 or more different threads, I still haven't gotten a straight answer. Has Collinite ever made a comment about this? Does it really dissolve sealants it is applied over??

Not sure if the answer is going to change my mind though. Quite a bit of people have great results with the combination.

13. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I would just layer up one more coat of MPL and call it a day..........

14. ericeng2

Well I read your post a little late and applied the 845.
    It rained this morning as well, but what was awesome was that when I got to school, my car was COMPLETELY dry. Maybe a few specks of water on my sun roof, but that was it.

And my friend's car that was right behind me through the whole trip was soaking wet with water beaded all over it.

15. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

well it is not a bad thing...... even if the solvents do eat through the MPL, the 845 is doing its job. Ive never had the urge to use 845, but from what I have read it is very very durable on its own, so if anything just use 845 with out the MPL.

16. ericeng2

So here are two really informal pictures at the gas station. For some reason, my camera reset itself back to 480p, when it was supposed to be 2560X1920.

Attached Files:

17. ericeng2

It has definitely shined up a nice amount, and there are pretty much no water spots despite the poor weather.

I'm really happy with the end result and I can't thank you guys enough for all the help you provided.

18. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Definitely shined up well.

You can always tell because cameras have a tough time focusing on the car vs the reflections.

19. ericeng2

on a side note, gas was 3.35 for me today! super cheap!