Getting 7424 with other stuff-opinions?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by ericeng2, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

are you planning on applying it and not touching it again for 6 months? Or are you planning on topping it up every other month, etc? if you are longevity is not as much a factor. IMO. I use MPL on cars I don't maintain except every 3-6 months and Glanz on cars such as my own which i can always add more too. But MPL has better staying power.

2. ericeng2

ericeng2 Two Bucket System Washer

With good weather, I will do my best to keep it up every month. But in maryland, once winter hits, i really can't touch it anymore. I've tried washing my car once, and that just ended up in ice all over my car and my hands.

So I guess I will go for the longer lasting one? I could always add more to MPL though right?

3. Kilo6_one

well if you are worried about winter, you may want to look at Wolf's, sorry to throw another product out there, but a lot of people are really happy with it, and its more what I think you need. Maybe someone will jump in here, i have not had the chance to use Wolf's but its on my list.

4. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

If your budget oriented you could do okay with a couple coats of 845 to get you through winter.

5. Kilo6_one

I was going too suggest that too.........

6. ericeng2

Hahaha, so now we are back at 845 and added in Wolf.

Would it help to say what kind of weather I get?
    Plenty of rain around the year, a nice amount of snow in December to February and plenty of salt to go with that snow.

The first chance i get to really wash my car after winter would probably be around late march to early april and the last time I get to wash is usually in early November.
    And that is all depending on whether or not I have a way to do a dry wash of some sort (pretty sure there are products out there for that).

7. Kilo6_one

personally, I like nano coatings, they make life so much easier. Now for me, that's just using a pressure washer ever week to basically rinse my car and blow dry with a blower. maybe once a month Ill actually wash the car, with a nano coating nothing sticks..... literally. I would take Aquartz/ Wolf's over anything honestly. I have Cquartz on my Sti and love it. (note research Aquartz versus Cquartz before buying) again, I have not used Wolf's but I have seen the videos and heard the reviews and that is next on my list.

If you truly want a wipe on walk away type product go with a nano coating, and you are good for atleast 4 monthes...longer. (I put Cquartz on my car in April and it still is working perfect)

8. ericeng2

What is the full name of the Wolf's product you guys are talking about? And also the Aquartz you mentioned? I can't seem to find them.

9. Kilo6_one

10. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

Seriously, in Maryland? Records for Baltimore indicate that it was 54F for a high last January 1st and 61F on the 2nd and didn't get below freezing either night. There might be some minor urban heat island effect but not ten degrees or more. While the rest of January looks moderately cold the historical record suggests that days that hit 50F are far from totally rare in December and February. Man up.

You can certainly do a quick wash in 45F conditions and you should also be able to apply a quick detailer or a spray wax and maybe a whole new layer of sealant depending on what you are using.

11. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

Not all of Maryland is like that though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. ericeng2

I probably exaggerated a little, but its more of a combination of me being busy and me having bad luck. So each day I have free has crappy weather.

13. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

If that's as bad as it gets in MD I'm moving.

It's hovering around 59 degrees in the Twin Cities right now.

14. ericeng2

That Wolf's nano wax is really expensive! I might just have to go with power lock or colli 845

15. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Go with Power Lock instead of 845. Much easier to apply/remove.

16. Kilo6_one

You dont even need that much, someone here might sell you 4 oz or so, that is more then enough to do one car.

17. ericeng2

Only 4 ounces?? Really? Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you guys apply it?

18. ericeng2

Also, what about putting on some Power Lock, then following up with 1Z Glanz?

19. ericeng2

I was just thinking, and realized that this entire thread went more or less to fixing the hood and any other really damaged parts.

What exactly should I do for the other 85% of my car? Parts where the paint is in generally good condition? And also how could I fix my headlight with the pads and compound?

20. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

That'll work just allow enough time for Power Lock to cure. And yes with most sealants you really do not have to use a whole lot. For instance, with Prima Epic about one ounce to two ounces is recommended per app. So yes you really do not have to load it on the applicator whether you are using machine or hand.