Get rid of the smell of sour milk??

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Hum-Benz, Jul 10, 2009.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Odour Bombs

Single-use odour removal foggers (bombs), an effective tobacco odour counteractant, an odour eliminator designed just for heat and air ventilation systems.
    Fogging blankets microscopic pores in carpet, velour, leather and vinyl. It reaches deep into ventilation systems, making it especially effective against tobacco smoke residue. Aerosol foggers are used just like your household insect bombs, and are the most effective form of odour removal -TOTL.

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

i've had this situation to tackle before at work, and it wasnt as easy as i thought. here was my plan of attack:

pull up the section of carpeting where the liquid was originally spilled. you're going to need to clean there first or else the smell will come back, as most of it likely soaked through the carpeting. clean under the carpeting really really good. then, soak the carpeting with a good extraction solution/apc/whatever. then extract the carpeting in the whole car. scents tend to work there way into all fabrics, no matter their proximity to to spill. then, i did a full interior detail. changed the cabin air filter also. then, i used a ozone machine in the car. we have a commerical machine/product we used thats called like OdorX or something like that. its a little canister of an enzyme solution, that hooks up to a 2 foot long wand, that hooks up a a compressed air line. what i did with that was hit the whole head liner thoroughly, then insert the wand into all of the AC vents and pump them full of the enzyme, which is a verrry fine mist. almost gaseous. also not forgetting under the seats, and the vents that are up under the dash by your feet. sounds like a lot, but it did the trick. two other guys had tried to tackle this previously on two different occasions at my work, and the scent came back. once it got to me, i had to go all out, obviously.

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Thank you for those kind words, [Experience unshared is knowledge wasted] TOGWT

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I think that will be my next purchase, a Ozone machine or something like that. I've heard nothing but great things...but not right now, money is tight at the moment....but all in due time :nod:

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

can you spray "X-O Cleaner & Odor Neutralizer" on headliners? will this take away the smell or would it be better to spray onto a towel mildly and then wipe down the headliner..... this question is in regards to taking care of customers cars that are severe smokers and have the smoker smell all over the car.