G1 is dope

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by kyoshiro, Mar 30, 2011.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

G1 will still be good for her I think as it will last much longer and still work well for her. I prefer it for around town driving also.

Not it should not as g1 has bonded to the glass already. You will be fine, i have washed my car many time with the usual lsp strippers and has not hurt the coating. IPA wipedown would be a good way to make sure nothing is left behind....if you cant rid it, polish the are and re-apply the small area...

2. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Any more feedback. I just stumbled across this thread...
    while alot have resorted to just using optiseal, etc on their windows, I'm still akin to using Aquapel...

3. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

sadly i havent driven it through the rain yet but I havent had any visibility issues under the sun. Havent had jittering issues with my windshield washers fluids either. I'll try my best to drive it in the rain soon but I like to coop up in my room when the sun doesnt shine.

4. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

^ did you drive in the rain yet ?

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

G2 is IPA

6. kyoshiro

i did and no squeaking, etc, just lots of beading :D
    havent driven it at higher speeds, just city tho, however yea i didnt really need to use the wipers.

7. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

On Gtechniq's website it doesn't say anything about G1 coming with G2. Just shows G1. When you apply the first coat, do you wipe it off and then apply another coat? On the video on their site it just shows them applying 3 coats and then removing with G2.

8. kyoshiro

G2 is IPA which is needed for final buff to get it flat
    but yeah you just apply 1st coat, wait 10 mins then apply 2nd wait 10mins, apply 3rd wait 15mins, G2 buff + towel bufff off (I did 2 coats personally)
    you dont let it fully cure before applying each subsequent coat and you let it cure a bit more for the last coat so whats left are prob high spots

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I guess I need to read a little more about the G1 and G2. Seems interesting to me that you would want to buff a sealant type product with IPA.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

10. kyoshiro

its actually a coating

11. mobilejay

Okay, I thought it looked a little weird applying on top with out removing the first coat. I was just making sure that is how it is done. Thanks, I may get these products to try out

12. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

Thanks for posting this. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on C4, G1 & G3 this week ahead of the price bump but I've been spending too much money on detailing supplies of late and I also owe Ken an order.
    Has anyone used both G|Techniq G1 and/or G3 and Aquapel? It seems like that has the potential to be a more interesting comparison than RainX,.

13. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I have had G1 and Opti-Coat on my car windshield 50/50 for about 1 month and we have seen a ton of rain in that time.

Obviously, G1 is tailored just for glass and to make water bead up, but I was blown away at how much faster the water shoots off on the G1 side of my windscreen!

These aren't the first sealants/coatings I've placed on my windscreen that have lasted 1 month, so it will be interesting to see how they do longer term, and especially how much the wiper blades degrade them. (yes there are still situations where you have to use your wipers even with super sealants on the glass :shrug:)

For now, I am impressed with G1:headbang:

btw my procedure was to clean glass w/ OPC, polish the glass with DP glass restore and power finish, IPA wipe, then 3 coats G1 according to Mfr instructions, and used IPA to wipe off the residue)

14. mobilejay

Are you guys ordering straight from gtech or from pakshak?

15. kyoshiro

I get it from Troy cuz I r Canada
    but I may soon have to change to ordering from gtech cuz I may turn into I r Hong Kong

16. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

direct from Gtech was the cheapest for me

17. mobilejay

Cool thanks, I may purchase this weekend

18. mobilejay

Ok I bought G4 & 1 today along with C4. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the posts and the help

19. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

anyone compare this to aquapel?

20. mobilejay

I have been using Aquapel so if no one chimes in, I'll let you know