FS:Menzerna,Makita Polisher

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by gu_norcal, May 7, 2009.

1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Well that's good news.... at least you got something from him....

I'm annoyed with this situation due to lack of communication, and the fact that I have $185 riding here that I can't afford to lose....

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Does anyone have an email address for this guy?

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

yeah i.ll text it to you.

4. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

I also received a message from him via Paypal's Resolution Center. He did provide tracking info; item shipped today.

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

With all the bs you guys have put up with I hope the boxes you receive have the product in it and are not just filled with newspaper.

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Ugh.... I have heard NOTHING still....

7. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Damn man, I hope you get your Makita. I hate to see people get shafted. I have a purchase right now with a board member I am about to place a dispute on as well. Sucks. I paid him a week ago, no tracking and no communication.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm...this sounds like a good idea but it could also back fire...mmmm...I'll look into this as it could be a great feature. So far I've let the 'Peculiar items for sale' section run it's course, so far so good, everyone has been respectful and honest but I think it's time I enforce some kind of filter...what I was thinking is all those interested on purchasing to post items for sale need to be approved by me..mmm...food for thought...if any of you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears but great idea P1et :thumb:

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Damn! I hope it all works out for you guys. I came close to pulling the trigger on that Makita, but the low post count made me uneasy, so I passed.

10. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

On a car site I am on (I have over 11,000 posts in 3 years), it requires 100 posts to post in the For Sale section. Then, they require you to put a piece of paper in the shot of the items with your screen name, the date and the URL of the site. Every for sale post has to have this. I have literally bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts on that site without issue.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Thanks for the tip Spyral, I'll look into it. Anything can be done it's jut a matter of finding out how to do it...let the searching begin :computer: + :coffee: = :graduation:

Man I love smilies :woo:

12. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Maybe it's overkill Nica... but what if you required a photo copy of someones Drivers License or something a long those lines... Full name, Address, phone number...

I dunno, it's a real tough one. :(

13. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I sent him an email and he replied promtly, so at least I am in contact again, I feel much better.

14. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Just as an FYI, I got a shipping number... He's working a new job and long hours.

Before everyone jumps on him, at least give him a little time to take care of things.

I agree, a lack of communication is scary, but don't jump on the bandwagon too soon. :)

15. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I didn't get that excuse. I got " if you wanted faster shipping you should have told me."

In any event, I got a tracking number. I'm still leaving the dispute open until I open the box. My UPS guy lets me do that without signing, to check contents first.

No offense to gu_norcal if he's being legit about the job. I can respect that. But take the time to shoot an email or something.

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I am on a Mod on a car site that does the EXACT same thing... it has worked out well and has also cut down on the people that join JUST to sell something.

I recomend something like this!

17. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

+1.... Crap in life happens but communication is key...

18. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

The lack of communication is all that scared me, $185 is a lot of money!

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I am actually surprised that gu_norcal has not responded in this thread to put the seller's minds at ease, and also the board's.

20. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm hoping I get my damn buffer... I can't wait until this is over...