FS:Menzerna,Makita Polisher

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by gu_norcal, May 7, 2009.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Well, I kinda I agree - It will be a week tomorrow that I sent the funds... it just doesn't look real good!

2. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

Earlier in the week he responded to a PM of mine and said the item I purchased had been shipped; although no tracking information was provided even though he said he would provide this information the following day. We agreed on USPS Priority Mail for shipping purposes which is a 2-3 day service to the continental 48; I have never seen USPS bust this suspense. Tomorrow will be day 3; if the package does not arrive sometime tomorrow it is safe to assume the item did not ship. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now and will keep you guys posted as to whether or not it arrived.

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I would at least expect some kind of response.... I do have his name and addy though...

4. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Wow. Hopefully there's a good explanation and you guys aren't out some money. I was gonna drop 90 for some polishes. He never got back to me though

It is kind of weird though that he can't respond but has logged on.

5. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

For the thread... I bought the bottle of SIP for $30. I paypal'ed him the funds on Saturday the 9th.

I too got a PM saying it was shipped and I'd get tracking info the next day. I have not gotten another PM.

I am still hopeful that I'll get a shipment soon. :)

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I filed a paypal dispute today......

7. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Some people just don't make it a priority to ship after they have your money. They'll rush rush rush for you to send the money, but once they have it they can take a while to ship. I've dealt with some vendors like that, people selling car parts. Some people are great and ship out same day (Lookin' at you Phil, you awesome manbeast) some are not so great.

If you have a bad feeling, start your Paypal dispute, if you're okay with waiting go ahead and wait.

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I have sold/traded lots of stuff to various people over the years on the net. I have not always gotten stuff shipped out as soon as I would have liked to but I always kept the person on the other end in the loop.

The guy was around everyday up until the money went through. He even said he shipped it out on Saturday but when he returned my PM on Sunday he said he left the tracking number at work.

It’s not even the money at this point it’s more just the principle…. I can’t stand getting burned doesn’t matter if it’s for $1 or $1,000 it just makes my blood boil… Has a lot to do with where I was brought up in California and the fact that you NEVER let yourself get punked!

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm going to open up a dispute too, come monday. I'll give him the weekend to respond.

10. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

Yeah, I'm pretty sure gu_norcal hasn't and/or doesn't plan on shipping the items we payed for. Sounds like we all got the same response from him. My item didn't arrive in the mail today and it has been 9 days since I sent payment. I'm going to file a Paypal dispute as well.

11. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

I understand. Not a whole lot you can do to defend against it online, though.

If you paid with a Credit Card over Paypal, call up your provider and tell them what happened -- they'll do a chargeback for you and fix it.

If you used Paypal and your bank account, chances are about 50/50 you'll get your money back. He's had more than enough time to pull money from his paypal account into his bank account and delete his bank account from his paypal account -- rendering paypal unable to retrieve your funds.

Unfortunate, but it happens fairly often.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I hope there is a good explanation here. I agree with the above posters: even if you cannot get it out until a week after the funds have cleared, at least keep everyone in the loop.

On the other hand, the low prices (he could have asked more and still gotten them sold) plus only 30 posts made me nervous.

Perhaps no sales until have you 100 posts? Nica?

13. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I think that's an excellent idea, even considering that I got Jetseal and 106fa for 50 SHIPPED from a brand new member. I'm excited as you can tell.

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is a very good deal! As a matter of fact, it seems like because we a close-knit group, most members post their goods at reasonable prices. Always good deals to be done here...

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

yeah, the low post count did make me a little uneasy as well... I searched his posts and he did seem to be somewhat legit....

I agree anout the post count requirement prior to selling something. I belong to other forums that have such rules programmed

Who knows, the stuff may be shipped and he may just be in a drug induced munchy frenzy with the door and computer blocked by empty zig zag containers, glass bongs and crumbled up Cheeto bags and ho-ho containers....:afro:

16. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

So, if he had been set up on DB with a 1 month sales access... what info is taken?

Is part of that info your name/phone/address, etc? I've never gotten one, so I don't know.

17. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

I would hope that this guy comes through, because if he doesn't, the wrath of internet retaliation will rear it's ugly head...

:popcorn:

18. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Back when I used to buy and sell a lot of stuff online every once and a while things would get delayed basically due to other stuff going on in my life.

It never got delayed more than two days but no matter what I always kept the buyer informed. A simple "I didn't have time today, sorry" atleast keeps the customers mind at ease. It gives them a little assurance.

Communication is a must. You never know, you still might get your stuff.

19. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

+1. Communication is key. I'd love for him to respond. Granted, I sent him the pm on wednesday. t's not a terribly long time. We are all used to excellent customer service, so a few days seems like a very long time.

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

He responded to my paypal dispute with a UPS tracking number.... it was sent out today UPS.