Hi All, So tomorrow I am tackling my dad's 2002 light gray Ford F150. Sorry, no pics, I don't live with them, but it is heavily swirled with a few rids. I have a PC7424XP, Menz 203 Power Finish, Menz 85RD, M105, and M205 for polishes. For pads I have 2 surbuf, 2 of each uber pad: yellow/orange/green/blue/black. I've done allot of research on here and autopia, and what I came up with didn't match any of the products I have for what other people used. I found one write up where someone used a PCXP with a yellow uber pad and Menz 203 and it worked well. I would prefer to just do a two step since the thing is so big and my dad isn't as picky as I am, but if I needed to I would go 3. I guess I was thinking yellow uber with Menz 203 then 85 rd on a blue, or M105 on an orange uber pad or surbuf followed by M205 on a blue pad then LSP. Or I could go M205 on an uber yellow or orange followed by 85RD on a blue uber. My LSP is going to be 2 coats of Collinite 845. Any advice would be appreciated from those that have polished Ford paint with any of the products that I have. Thanks so much. Matt
Ford clear is soft and will dust like crazy, and it's sticky, good clean towels with an alcohol solution to remove the dust and be sure to check the door jambs and seems the dust once it sticks well is hard to remove. I polished my black 06 screw with an orange pad and 105, 205 on a white pad and for a DD it looked good. For a soft clear IMO 205 is about as fine as I would go, although this spring I am gonna try 85rd. 2 coats of 845 and a fresh polish and that truck will look like new.
Hi boss, Thanks man. That's great info to have. I'm the laborer so I'll have my dad be all over the cleanup part. That'll be nice to just be able to do a 2 step on it with 105 and 205. I'm hoping it turns out well. I'll post a few pics on this thread, and a bunch over on the show and shine section once I'm done. I thought for soft clear you had to go with an even finer polish? You're prolly right though, I'll have to check. Thanks so much. Matt