For those of you with a PTG

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by budman3, Apr 15, 2008.

1. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

That's the thread I was talking about - - it's 3.5 years old and I don't think anyone has done anything similar since. It'd be interesting to see a repeat of that test done today with newer products and panels (maybe even one w/ hard paint, another with soft paint, using the same techniques for both). If anyone is bored, I'm just throwing out some ideas ...

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Well to be honest when I take readings, what I try to do is take at least 10 per panel. So for example on a door panel I try to take 10 readings, on the hood I take 10 as well.

But it all depends on the vehicle, if the vehicle is giving me relatively close readings panel after panel then I relax a little and instead of 10 readings I take about 7 readings per panel, I don't physically measure the distance between the readings either so I can't really tell you how far apart I take them I just keep taking readings.

As for the graph, well the graph helps me see all the high points...but yes there is no point on the graph showing you the high points if you can't distinguish them on the vehicle. So I sometimes mark where the high points appear, I've been meaning to purchase one of those marking pencils that body shops use but I keep forgetting every time I go and purchase supplies locally :wall: What I do now is either use a peace to mark the spot :shrug: