1. metajames

metajames Birth of a Detailer

Connected to 1300 psi electric pressure washer and loaded with Optimum Car Wash @ 1:1 in reservoir. Wanted to show how well it clings, this car is regularly maintained so the surface is pretty slick.

By the end of the video the foam on the drivers door had been on there for approx. 2 minutes. I think that the foam from this gun does not cling as well as the the foam cannons but it is close the foam density also looks thinner than the cannons. However, I can't find any videos where it shows how the foam from a cannon clings for any length of time over 30 seconds without reapplication. Can someone who owns one of the AG or Polished Bliss style foamers chime in?

Not sure if it would be thicker with a more powerful pressure washer or not. I have read that with the foam cannons the pressure makes a difference.

[youtube]BfQ9ID14B9A[/youtube]

2. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Nope, the point of foaming is as a pre-wash stage, if the car is heavily grimed.
    With light dust levels, you may be able to get away with just foaming. Depends a lot on the LSP and traffic film attached to it.

Flow rate, not pressure. The faster the water moves through the lance, the greater the venturi effect, but as air is drawn in too, to create the aerated solution, then a combination of water flow rate, the venturi draw rate, and the size of air valve used all play a role in the resultant output.

Standard shampoo is not designed correctly for foam use - you really should use a proper snow foam to get the best effect.

Oh, and shaving foam thickness is a waste of time - looks nice and pretty, but ultimately doesn't do the job intended as effectively as a solution that's closer to double cream when it's poured into the bowl before being beaten.
    That's what'll pull the bulk of the grime off, leaving only the very fine traffic film for the wash mitt and shampoo solution in your bucket to deal with.

3. Jose206

Jose206 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Doe anyone have a link for the type of hose that you could use on an electric campbell hausfeld pressure washer aswell as the part i would attach to this foam blaster? Im looking to take care of this in one trip to home depot.

4. metajames

I duno which one you have but the foamer has a 1/4" quick disconnect fitting. I have a campbell hausfeld PW1345. I tried this upgrade kit to replace my existing wand with one that has a 1/4" quick disconnect but none of the adaptors worked for the trigger including the one labeled "campbell hausfeld", you might have better luck with it.

Power Care Pressure Washer Wand with Adaptors - AP31021 at The Home Depot

You may want to disconnect your wand/trigger/hose assembly and take it to home depot with you and see what you need to get to a 1/4" female quick disconnect.

5. 2TONLT1

2TONLT1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

For all of you foam cannon/foam blaster guys, Has anybody used the foam blaster or cannon with a trigger gun instead of a lance? I tried it on the lance but very briefly. Works good on trigger gun but think the lance might be better overall

6. Jose206

Thanks, bought the foam gun and that upgrade kit, seemed to have fit my pressure washer! Ill try it out this weekend.:tiptoe:

7. washerwaxer

washerwaxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I should have re-worded my statement and say that one of the most important functions of a foam cannon/gun is to provide increased lubricity during the wash phase. While another important function is to act as a pre-soak to help remove the dirt and grime. The thicker the foam, the longer it clings to the paint and thus has more time to work on the grime.

As far as a foam gun working as a touch-less wash, I suppose that would be for the rare occasions when a car is just dusty. In the majority of washes, dirt and grime need to be agitated somewhat.

The technique some people use is to foam and then wash with mitt/sponge, and rinse.
    While others foam, rinse, foam again, wash with mitt/sponge, rinse.
    While still others, like Paul Dalton don't use a foam cannon/gun at all because he thinks it isn't very effective because dirt and grime need agitation.

8. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

A typical washing regime with an effective snow foam (effective being the key word!) is to foam a dry vehicle, leave to dwell for 5-8 mins (don't let the sun dry out the solution though), then rinse off.
    What's left after that should be the very fine stickier traffic film, which your shampoo solution and soft washing implement should be able to deal with, with the least amount of damage possible.
    Rinse off with pressure, then flood the panels with an open hose to sheet the water off.
    If possible, use filtered water to minimise the risk of water spotting.

When it comes to rinsing, I have this feeling most of you will be standing too far back from the car with the lance.
    That's the whole point of pressurised water, so get the nozzle no more than 6" away from the panel, and you'll drive off the dirt in no time.
    Coupled with the possibility of using warm water through the PW, you'll reinvigorate the solution by exceeding its Cloud Point.

9. metajames

I should clarify that I am not using the foamer as a 1 step touch less wash. I am using foam and rinse to loosen and remove any particle matter before removing leftover stuff with 2 bucket method.

The daily drivers here in so cal pickup very little grity dirt mostly just traffic grime, dust and fallout.

10. Jose206

What car wash soap would you guys recommend? Want something that gives thick foam and cleans up real nice. Im looking to place an order soon.

11. Jackal1001

Jackal1001 Virgin Detailer

12. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

yes you need an adapter...i got mine from northern tools for about 20 bucks i think