1. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

DI will wear out pump heads faster than tap water.

2. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

LOL all this talk about DI and RO water makes me think of my full time job working for Millipore's Lab Water division. We sell all types of water systems mainly for blood labs and pharma companies.

Anyway, I come to this forum to get away from my real job! Let's cut the water talk! LOL jk. I completely understand why using DI or RO water is better to wash with. However, here in MA i just used the tap water. The contaminants aren't horrible.

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Damn I really need a PW. Anyone knowof a cheap one like this I can use with a hose?

4. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

I have a cheap pressure washer that I picked up at home depot. It was $100. I just looked it up on their website and it's a different one now. Looks actually cheaper than the one I bought.

I don't know how this one will work for the foam gun they sell at home dept, but it's a pretty good power washer for the money.

Oh and it's electric. I'm going to upgrade soon to a gas powered one, but for now this thing works great around the house and for detailing. My girlfriend also can use it without any help.

Powerwasher Electric Pressure Washer - H1610 at The Home Depot

5. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

about sucking soap too fast. solution i see is either getting bigger bottle or getting long tube and running it along presure washer hose to presure washer and having soap container there. gona get this and try it

6. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
    Hello everyone, new member here. I bought this foam gun and I have the Karcher K2.38, the foam gun DOES NOT FIT the my Karcher. If anyone could please tell me what adapter I need I'd really appreciate it.

Karcher makes a direct attachment foam canister for their stuff for around the same price. I have been mostly happy with its performance. PM me if you are interested and I can dig up more info on it, pics, where to buy etc...

7. barrym

barrym DB Forum Supporter

Just picked up one of these today and tried it out. It is awesome!! Tons of foam. I was about to drop $120 on the Autogeek foam cannon, but this thing just saved me over $100. Thanks!

:peace:

8. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Does it use all the soap in the canister for one car? Have you tried it with different soaps?[​IMG]

9. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I got a few of these units in to play with :D

[​IMG]

With the supplied adapter
    [​IMG]

60ml of CWC topped up with water produced these results...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The unit produces pretty decent foam IMO. Not quite as thick as that produced by some of the PA/Autobright type units, but way better than the generic foam attachments that typically come with some pressure washers.

I will do a more detailed review over the weekend and report back. Ideally one needs to measure the siphon and output rates through the unit to calculate the required dilution ratio's :thumb:

10. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for sharing looking forward to you review

11. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

I've only used Megs Gold Class. Probably wouldn't use anything else since this stuff is pretty cheap at Costco. I could easily use a full canister for one car if I wanted it REALLY foamy, but if I had to, I could probably adequately foam the car with 1/2 of it full.

12. ThreehundredC

ThreehundredC Virgin Detailer

does this actually wash the car or do u just foam it up then go to washin with ur mitt like normal..id like to use one of these for a touch free wash i wash it alot and all the wash dry repeat is scaring me with swirl marks

13. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

For a truly dirty car, it's really only to be used as a 'pre-wash'. Foam car, rinse, then proceed with a traditional 2 bucket wash. It loosens/removes some of the contamination so the 'touch' portion of the wash will be safer on the paint.
    That being said, I plan on using only the foam gun/rinse for very light dirt, i.e. drive around the block or dust from sitting in the garage for prolonged periods of time.

14. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

How refreshing to see someone else take a few minutes of their time to measure things properly, in order to get the right dilution strength of the solution for when it exits the lance nozzle.
    Look forward to seeing the outcome of that.

15. 2TONLT1

2TONLT1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Ok so i purchased the g blaster yesterday from home depot. Today i had a chance to try it out. This unit is great!!! I hooked it up to my husky h2000 electric pressure washer. The unit produced a very good foam even though i used a crappy soap(turtle wax zip wax). I did not dilute the soap at all,just poured it right from the bottle in. I was able to achieve these results.

This was after sitting for about 30 seconds
    [​IMG]

These are some on my volvo wagon/detail rig

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. metajames

metajames Birth of a Detailer

I picked up a G Blaster foam gun yesterday at home depot since I was replacing the hose and lance on my el cheapo electric washer to use 1/4" quick connect fittings. I hate how the cheap electric pressure washers come with totally non standard fittings and hoses, lame.

[​IMG]

Connected to 1300 psi electric pressure washer and loaded with chemical guys glossworkz @ 1:10 in reservoir. More concentrated soap would probably make more dense foam. Regardless, I'm still totally impressed for $20.

[youtube]JvYWwS334Ao[/youtube]

17. 2TONLT1

2TONLT1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I dont know what type of electric pressure washer you have,but on my husky h2000 i just used a 3/8 quick disconnect female,and i am using a standard 3/8 quick disconnect hose

18. washerwaxer

washerwaxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

The foam in the video doesn't look very thick. I am not sure if it's the soap being used or the gun. I have seen videos with other foam cannons where the foam is as thick as shaving cream and really clings to the paint. The foam in the video just runs off.

The point of a foam gun is to provide a buffer between the wash mitt and paint. I was going to buy the Home Depot one but I wonder if it would be better to buy one of the more expensive ones that Phil or AG sell?

19. metajames

I have a Campbell Hausfeld PW1345, it is about the size of a canister vacum. The outlet is a standard 3/4 " connection but it connects up to the handle with a much smaller threaded fitting. The trigger and lance portion is molded composite with proprietary bayonet style connections. I checked out the Husky and Karchers at home depot and they all have the same kind of deal, no threaded connections on the lance and definitely no 1/4" QDs.

Here is what the hose looks like, you can see the larger 3/4" and the smaller end that connectes to the handle.

[​IMG]

20. metajames

It is definitely the soap, it was my first go at it so the soap I was using was too diluted. I tred it today on the car using DP Xtreme Foam in a 1:2 ratio and the foam was much thicker. It went on just as thick as the foam cannon videos but still would start to slide off the car after a min or two. I'm not sure how it begins to slide with the foam cannons since the videos tend to cut out right after application.

My goal is really to just presoak the car, emulsify dust, grit and grime buildup so it can be then pressure washed off. I foam first, let it dwell then use the pressure washer to blast that off before going back in with a mit but at that point the car is pretty clean, I could probably go directly to drying if I wanted to. I believe it is better to get anything that can potentially scratch off the car using a "touchless" method before touching the paint with a mit.

From a performance standpoint even if the $100 cannons are a bit thicker I don't think it is going to be $80 worth of thickness. IMHO for $20 the G Clean is a awesome value and gets the job done.

I may try some other soaps at full strength like 2TONLT1 and bonehead, and I'll try and grab some photos / video next time.