Foam cannon users: Best car wash for foam?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by berfles, May 2, 2012.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I think your thread comparing your new foam cannon to the MTM makes me think part of our issue is the cannon itself. I wish I had the money to try all the different cannons available with all the same soap amount and type. I don't think it would be constructive to have people say that one certain cannon sucks, yet another person with the same cannon but a different PW thinks its great. I would donate to someone that was willing to buy all the different popular cannons and test with the same PW.

2. berfles

berfles Any Rag Vehicle Washer

No, a foam cannon/foam lance are the ones used with a pressure washer. A foam gun is the kind that just go on the end of a regular garden hose and in my opinion are useless.

I got my CG order a couple days ago, looking forward to trying it out. I was going to ask how much to mix in considering it says you only need 1oz per two gallons of water, but looks like 2-3oz is the norm? I believe I have the MTM Hydro gun mentioned above, I got it from PWMall a couple years ago. It has a 34oz bottle.

Just checked my email for the order, and yep, this is the one I have:

http://www.pwmall.com/p-139257-14_0...w-34oz-bottle-sprays-up-to-20-adjustable.aspx

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I would start with a 10:1 ratio (10 ounces water for every ounce soap) initially and adjust from there. .

4. pokerfad

pokerfad Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have a green works 1700 PSI electric power washer that I purchased at LOWE'S I believe it's 1.4 GPM and the cam spray foamer which I purchased from Phil. I typically use about 2 oz each of CG honeydew sno foam and CG glossworkz and fill the bottle with warm water. I did this yesterday and out of one bottle, which is I believe 12-16 oz on the cam spray, I gave 2 full foam applications to my Q5 and my A7 without refilling the bottle. I set the red dial to adjust how much it pulls form the bottle at about 75% and it works great. I can get the foam to dwell (hang) on the first foam application which I use on a dry vehicle for at least 3+ minutes or so before it begins to thini out. Not much falls of the cars at all it actually thins out more so than fall of the car. Second application, since I have rinsed off the first hangs for at least 2+ minutes. I couldn't be happier with the way this performs. I always felt as if maybe I didn't have enough PSI or flow rate to get great foam, but it just took finding the right products and right mixture. Very Very pleased.

Here is a pic of the A7 and the foam after the second application on a wet surface. this was taken about 1 and half minutes after I stopped foaming. As you can see the foam is starting to thin out, but it is hanging very well to the side panels.

Foam.jpg

Here is the link to the cam spray and you can see how small the bottle is cojmpared to the 32oz bottle on most other foam cannons.
    http://www.detailersdomain.com/Cam-Spray-Foamer-Attachment-Foam-Cannon_p_204.html

5. berfles

Well, did my first wash with the CG Snow Foam shampoo. I mixed about 3oz in my 34oz bottle and it seemed to work pretty well.

This is right after I finished foaming the whole car:

[​IMG]

This is probably 1-2 minutes:

[​IMG]

And this is about 5 minutes:

[​IMG]

It still came off a bit, but I can't remember if it's any better than Adam's. I do know that I was very pleased with how well it loosened junk up though, after I pressure washed the foam off it looked 90% better. I went over it with a normal wash and didn't even have to scrub to get the caked on bugs off, and they've been on for months (generally don't ever let my car go that long, but had bad weather/no time). I also don't even remember what way to turn the knob on the top of my foam cannon to provide the most foam :( I guess it would be clockwise.

6. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

That's some pretty decent foam there.

GREAT choice of car and wheels btw. ;)

[​IMG]

:lol:

7. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I like the FC's. Easy to drift and turbo ;)
    Good to see your results with the wash

8. berfles

Nice :thumb: