FLEX or FESTOOL?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by FMINUS, Oct 31, 2007.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Im still debating about the 2!!!

My biggest concern with the Festool is the backing plate issue, otherwise the higher cost doesnt bother me.

Any suggestions?:confused:

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

buy both and let us know how they work

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have a feeling I'll learn from this thread!

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Flex for sure. That was an easy one!

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Flex makes some good tools! have used the rotary from flex, and its nice!

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Sounds like Flex is a winner here...

7. pirex

Are you thinking about the DA or rotary?

8. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh love this topic, I too have been considering purchasing the rotary Flex...wait I thought the Flex had both actions DA or Rotary? Maybe I'm confusing it :wall:

Well I'm sure it was the Flex that I was looking at and if I'm not mistaken it's the rotary, any who I've been doing some reading on it, talked to a few members that have it and use it on a regular basis and they have given me some beneficial points about it but some bad as well...just can't recall what the negative was but it was really good, I'll have to dig that e-mail up.

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I was talking about the xc3401vrg I think it may have a DA feature as well as a rotary feature like the Festool. (I dont think its a TRUE rotary)

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Just bought the Flex XC3401 today and should have it tomorrow. I gave up on the rotary since I don't have the time to dedicate to practicing with it. So rather than continue buffing way too timidly with it I decided to go with the PC on steroids and the Flex. As soon as I get to use it you know I'll post about it. Hey anybody want to buy an almost brand new Hitachi rotary :p?

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Rotary is not that hard to use, plus no other polisher is needed.

12. JLs Detailing

If you don't have the time to practice with it and you don't have someone with some expertise to help guide you then the learning curve is extremely steep. Not being able to spend time practicing and honing my skill is the biggest factor for abandoning it. I'm on my own as I have no one to get help from in person when things don't go exactly right so it's difficult.

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, let the :buffer: beggin. We look forward to lots of pictures :righton: and ofcourse a nice overview of it's features and what you think of it.

Congrats :thumb:

14. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Wolfpacker, if you have any questions or get stuck feel free to pm me. I showed Dan( D&D)
    and he picked it up quickly. He still wont use a wool pad. Its not as hard as you think, give it another try before purchasing another tool.

15. eShine

eShine Guest

Wow, this is the first time I heard of this Flex machine. I just read up on it and it seems like a great unit. I think I'll order one and give it a shot. Can't beat German made tools.

16. pirex

It workes good, just it when I was on the detailing class! But he diden`t use it for correction..

17. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

I'm thinking about buying the Flex. The idea is removing the swirls with the Metabo and then with the Flex leaving the paint hologram free for sure. But I always think the same, with Final Finish, Ultrafina , etc.. and a soft pad is very difficult to leave holograms so, I don't think that I need it.

18. JLs Detailing

Got mine yesterday afternoon and will be using it today. I'll be sure to post up pics and my thoughts.

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Nice! I'll be looking forward to it.

20. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Dayummm

ZoranC hasn't joined yet. haha He is one of my fav. non members. He has owned both! I do think that he liked the Flex unit better, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

I will email him and hopefully he will chime in soon.