First wax you ever used?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Chas, Sep 24, 2009.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have video of me when I was 12 years old or so, washing my dads Volvo estate. What did I use for drying it off? A squeegy! NICE WORK!!!

2. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Kit! Then TW, then Cherry wax(which I think is great!) then NB, and that's the rrrrrrest of the story...

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I think kit was the best selling wax in PR for the longest time. BTW ... I lived in PR when I was a kid.

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Now it's Formula1. What part of PR you lived at?

5. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Blue Coral wax in a blue aluminum tub, followed by zymol cleaner wax which I thought was the shit back in the day :lol:

6. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I lived in San Juan a long time ago. My mom still lives there and some family members. I haven't visited the island in forever though. I think the last time I went I saw "doctor mecanico" stuff everywhere. I think even daddy yankee got some car wash/wax stuff ... lol.

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Doctor mecanico is a good APC, since it's not acidic. I buy it by the bucket! I rarely use something else on wheels and wheelwells. And Daddy Yankee is the face of "crystal" which is the immediate competitor of Doctor Mecanico. I don't buy just to not see his face

8. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

turtle wax, the one that you could buy the wax the same color as the your car.

9. GDAL

GDAL Guest

The one with the color-matching lipstick?? that's a classic ... lol

10. GDAL

GDAL Guest

LOL ... yeah I remember I went to a Western Auto and saw all that stuff.

11. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

bigfoot, how about a trade? i'll giveyou some pads and polish for some medalla and lobster mofongo. lol mofongo just isn't the same here stateside as it is on the island. :(

12. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

yup thats the one with the lipstick for rock chips. that stuff actually worked ok for filling in the rock chips.

13. GDAL

GDAL Guest

It brought back old memories ... i used to use that stuff all the time. And yes, it actually worked well for hiding scratches and chips even though it didn't last long.

14. Starcar

Starcar Birth of a Detailer

Excalibur Concours Wax Carnuba (by Turtle wax) Hard to put on even harder to remove.

15. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

I can get you the medalla no problem! The mofongo... hmmmm... oh, what the heck! PM me if you are serious.

16. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

First one I can remember using is Meguiar's #26. I don't remember who it was, but somebody clued me in that Meguiar's was a whole lot better than NuFinish, Turtle Wax, and all the other usual suspects. A couple cars after #26, I graduated to Zymol Carbon, which I used and liked for a long time.

17. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

i think mine was EO Nano Wax I used it for a cheapo customer who didnt want to pay a little extra for Dodo Juice Blue Velvet :p i think it was a good wax overall. car felt really sick afterwards

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nu Finish Liquid.

19. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

my first was trade secret. Great wax, too bad its hard to find these days. I think i only know of one online store that sells it now

20. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Malco Flash Cherry Wax