First polishing experience with the Flex 3401

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Xcessiv, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Yup. :)

Just work the 95 until it's completely clear. You might actually find that it's easier to use than SIP.

2. Xcessiv

Xcessiv Birth of a Detailer

I've tried the M95 + purple foamed wool pad tonight and WOW! THIS was the product missing to my collection for the 100% perfect job.

1. Initial picture of the worst area on the car. This is after 2 heavy passes of SIP which clearly didn't remove the scratches.
    [​IMG]

2. First pass of M95
    [​IMG]

3. Second pass of M95
    [​IMG]

4. SIP
    [​IMG]

5. Nano Polish
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the advices!!! The result is way above my expectations.

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Glad to see you are happy with your results.

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great paint correction. The Flex with the a purple foamed wool pad and M105 is an awesome combination.

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Try and get a wax and grease remover like prepsol or Aquasol. this ensures a very clean paint surface.

6. Xcessiv

Another example, where I spent over 100 hours under the hood without any protection on the fender. These are pretty deep scratches that the SIP couldn't take care of (refer to this post).

This is a quick test job without any sealant/wax, with some minor marring remaining.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Are the dots small scratches, dirt, or residue? Looks great none the less!

8. Xcessiv

That's dust because the picture is a macro shot.

9. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

i honestly can't wait to do corrections to my car.....i see the swirls on my car and it's driving me nuts. I work at a detail shop still learning but all i have access to is ardex stuff. Not sure if that's a good thing to use on my car or not. i'm thinking about just saving up and buying a flex and then buy all the things necessary to get my car corrected.