Finally got it!!!!!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Nica, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

I'll google VLC Player, thanks sneek :thumb:

2. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

your xti will work with it

3. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I have a MBP and I am able to view the videos fine. I think that it uses quicktime to actually play the movie. I also have this program that I think is called flip mac which helps to decode more windows based videos the quicktime. I am not exactly sure but it was a free program I was told to download and it seems to be working. I hope this helps a bit,

-Corey

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice new laptop Nica, enjoy it and congrats!

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Your XTi will work better than fine. With the new updates both iPhoto and Aprerature 2 can handle RAW :)

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh good, the XTi will work fine good to hear. So what do I, plug and play? Or do I have to go through a software?

come to think, both the XTi and the Camcorder are Canon and I use the same cable so I'm guessing if the XTi is compatible with the Mac then so should the camcorder :confused: just my guess though :shrug:

I'll find out on Monday when I get it back :waiting: :waiting:

7. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Congrats! I have an old mac I got 3 years back but it still runs great!
    Here are a few tricks:
    -When you want to quit an application just press apple+q
    -If you have many apps open just press F9 and you will be able to select any

Eh thats all I can remember right now! If I think of any more I will definitely let you know. Congrats once again.

Erik

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooh good tip, Man the Mac has so many tricks to it, so man y short cuts to know...it's wicked :thumb:

9. VehicleDetail

VehicleDetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

very nice indeed Nica! some quality shit!

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you vehicleDetail, it's quite the machine :applause2:

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

The movement of the mouse really sucks too, the acceleration and all. I looked it up online and there seems to be an issue. What sucks about MACs is that people tend to look the other way when theres something wrong rather than fixing it.

They want to maintain the "perfect computer" image.

thats just my .02

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, that's one thing I noticed about Macs as well they sure know how to down play there little "issues" lol.

For example DB Boss had my Mac for a few months and when I finaly decided to pick it up when DB Boss went to set it up for me there was some kind of recall..I searched and searched and found nothing..the only recall I could find is the one of the expanding batery :confused: but that was in 2006 or so other then that I could not find anything else :confused:

I too noticed the mouse being a bit slow compard to my Sony laptop but I thought it could be adjusted, I'm still playing around with my Mac :confused:

13. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

Tracking is just done differently on the mac than the PC. It's not so much an issue, rather, it's just their way of mouse tracking. Using the Mac and parallels to access windows based programs, the tracking can be weird to get used to but you'll get used to it.

--

Not sure if you already know these but since people are tossing you some shortcuts here are a few:

apple+shift+a = open applications folder
    apple+t (within safari) = opens a new tab
    apple+w (within safari) = closes current tab

Make sure you make use of Spaces, it's a great way to multi-task.

The F9, F10, F11 and F12 keys also do something special lol I can't remember right now what they do but play around with it and you'll see what I mean. You can really maximize your productivity.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Wicked tips there adriankeith, I'll be sure to put them all to good use :thumb:

Thank you for sharing :worship2:

15. jodib425

jodib425 Virgin Detailer

The only thing I'm waiting for is Apple to openly release their OS for Intel x64 (or maybe even x32) so I can run it under VMWare

I'm currently running Vista, XP and Solaris concurrently, don't think bootcamp is up to scratch yet for multiple OS's

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I found that to be true with their AppleTV as well. They let people vent on their forum, however, nothing is ever done about it nor does anyone from Apple actually reply with any sort of resulution.

17. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

i just skimmed through and read about a mouse being slow. you can change that in settings, or a least if you got a wireless one