Festool Shinex

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Got Wax, Sep 21, 2009.

1. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So, between the FLEX, Makita, and Festool, which would you guys say is the way to go? I'm very interested in getting something lighter than my Makita. I can get the flex direct, but would consider the festool if you guys think it's worth it. Thanks for the input in advance

2. MoeMistry

I thought you were sponsored by Makita Paul...this must be one amazing machine if you put down the Makita. Did you ever try the flex rotary?

3. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

Andy you're a baller man. One day I want to be like you and have cool stuff like this :)

4. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Hi Moe,

I was, then Festool came over and gave me £1500 worth of there polishers. Even though I got mine free, I would still not hesitate to spend the full retail for these products, there are amazing. I can't even look at a Makita or pick one up now, the Festool is in another league.

The Makita is such an old design, the Festool only came out earlier this year, so it going to be a better machine and design.

I did 20 hours on jet black ceramic clear the other week on a Mercedes GL, the Shinex was like it was asleep all the time, not bothered by anything at all!!

Rap 80.2 is cool as well, as it the R150feq, there all beautifully made and feel awesome when using them, the Shinex also gets in too places the makita doesn't!!! And it feels more balanced when polishing and compounding one handed as well, even on vertical surfaces !!! lol

I did look at a Flex once, and that was it.

In my honest opinion, Festool are the leaders for the best polishers in the world. Moe, I've always told you the truth about everything, you need to owe these polishers!!! :mounty:

Kind Regards
    Paul Dalton
    Miracle Detail.

5. MoeMistry

Sounds good Paul...I'll have to check it out.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Let me know if you manage to dig one up over here. I'd like a go at one myself.

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I really wish we could get these units to our side of the pond.

8. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

We need to start pressuring Makita to update their rotary polisher design so we can get a polisher that is as good as a Festool, but at the affordability of a Makita.

9. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I mounted a Makita bail handle on one of the Festol machines - works great! As Paul indicated, the Festool goes plaaces the Makita will not. With a 3: BP and no handle, the Festoool reaches areas the Flex does but, Festool machines are much quieter than the Flex.

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

now only if they weren't so expensive! I would love one, and I really like the black and green color combo :D

11. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

/fyp :)