Ferrari 458 Italia - Detail and Clear bra Install by Unique Car Care

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Rickrack, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Here is a Ferrari 458 Italia I detailed a while back… The owner had just bought the car and wanted to ensure the paint was protected right from the get-go, so I performed a new car prep and paint protection film (clear bra) was applied to the complete front nose and rear bumper.

To start, I inspected the paint to wee what I was dealing with. To my surprise, the paint was in pretty good condition, besides lots of sanding scratches on the front bumper that were not taken care of by the factory as seen below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the front fenders had some holograms present, which would need some compounding to remove.

[​IMG]

I compounded the front bumper and a few spot areas with Meguiar’s 105 compound using the rotary, then polished all exterior paint surfaces with Menzerna Power Finish using an orange pad via the Griot’s DA polisher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the exterior was completely polished and defect-free, I wiped down the paint with IPA to ensure all polishing oils were completely removed before applying the clear bra.

[​IMG]

The complete front bumper was covered in film to ensure this prancing horse would be properly protected against the horrible road conditions here in New England.

Applying the film to the bumper…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up was full fender coverage….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the complete hood….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the front end was complete, it was time for the rear bumper…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since this install was done a while back, we were still using pre-cut pieces. The front bumper and fenders were cut from a plotter, but the hood and rear bumper were fully custom. Nowadays, all of our installs are 100% custom, which insures the best possible coverage and allows us to fully wrap all edges and reduce seams wherever possible. The install came out great and I was pleased with the final results…

Now that the film install was complete, it was time for the finishing touches! I gave the interior a quick going over, then sealed the wheels with optimum Opti-Seal and waxed the exterior with Nuviwax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the final results!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!!

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks nice Rick. Is that your new shop? Looks like you have lots more room.

3. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

No, I wish...

I'm still in the same shop, but have pretty much outgrown it.

Thanks!

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Rick looks fantastic, white comes to life without sanding scratches! Its nice to see someone finish down a Ferrari without having 5-6 espresso breaks, silly Ferrari factory buncha newbs!

Again fantastic work, good to see you rocking and rolling at the shop