Fenix TK11 we maybe getting online with them soon.

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 16, 2009.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

You are not able to use AA batteries with it but can use CR123 batteries, they are common on digital cameras and should be able to find the locally.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

thanks!

3. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

do you think is it neccesary using fenix ultrafire batteries? if i use CR123, is the light will be the same as using fenixultrafire?

appreciate for fast comment ... need to place order bfore 16 Nov :(

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Using CR123 will not effect performance, it will give you a little less run time, 1 hr ish, but one thing it will do it give you a constant output. Using rechargeable batteries as the battery drains the output will slowly decrease. With primary batteries, one you throw away, you get a constant output due to internal circuit. To answer your question, no it does not need the ultrafire batteries, you can use good quality CR123 primary batteries and you will be fine, you need 2. They will ast 1-1.5 hrs on turbo and 10 hrs on normal. I dont have a Fenix but another brand, Jet Beam, and use it at around 90lm as it gives me the best light were as at full power the output it may drown up the swirls.

You can find the rechargeable batteries needed, 18650, in many places online for cheap, even close by you and shipping may not kill you if you choose later to move up to those.

19650 batteries are not commercially available as they have some danger in charging thus you cant find them in the store. There main purpose is for use in laptop batteries and battery packs that have a circuit to protect them from undercharging or overcharging that is pretty robust.

5. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Agpatel,

appreciated & many thanks for your useful information. I think I should have no problem to get one of the batteries you described above ...

thanks again