Favourite shampoo/soap

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Calgarydetail, Nov 6, 2007.

1. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Meguiar's used to make it years ago...it was called rich suds. I am not sure why it isn't in production now! It is better than NXT. I guess it is a hybrid between NXT and GC soap. It was a gooder. I too really like ONR. Very useful in this city of ours.

2. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I've tried a few out there. Right now it's ONR for the winter months. When doing cars that need a good cleaning, my favorite is Prima Mystique. I just use a little more than what is recommended and it does a really nice job of gettng the dirt off. Outstide of that, I would have to say DG901 or Adam's. I've tried P21s as well., and it's good for cleaning up real dirty cars that are going to be polished and waxed.

3. khakis

khakis Virgin Detailer

For me
    Z7, Pinnacle, Victoria Wax and PB SS&S

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

My favorite soaps are DG 901 and also the 591 Marine for tuff stuff...also I like the CG Citrus wash....its a very versatile shampoo...used as directed for a regular wash ..it works great....add more shampoo and works nice for a prep wash.....mix 4 oz in a bottle with 27 oz of water and it makes a nice wheel cleaner and tire cleaner...very good product...

also as a mention ..the TW platinum wash is very good....leaves the paint very nice after drying....

Al

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Uh oh Al knows the secret! CW and Gloss is the best shampoo out there right now.

Now if yall can figure out the dilution to turn it into a MF wash. :cool2:

6. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Phil at Details Domain is running the sale on Adam's products now... Great time to try the Adams car wash.

It's my current favorite. A TON of suds and it super slick.

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Me knows me knows! :006:

8. hockeyplaya13

hockeyplaya13 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm a big fan of the Eagle One car wash.

9. Pooter

Pooter Birth of a Detailer

LOVE Zymol Clear but way expensive and also like Optimum

10. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

For cars that are getting a polishing, I use 2 oz of CWG and 1oz of Z7 and 29oz of water for my foam cannon. If its a car that already has zaino on it, I use 2-3 oz of Z7 and the rest water in the cannon.

Today my CWC came and I was going to try it out, but it was raining all day.

11. Shuskan3

Shuskan3 Birth of a Detailer

ONR for rinseless...
    Ultima for traditional...

12. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

CG Citrus
    Z7
    ONR, DP 4-1
    DP extreme foam

have adams soap just waiting for it to get warm enough to do a traditional wash. Its been ONR and DP 4-1 since december, no complaints about either but can't wait to foam up a car again!!!!!!

13. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

I only use Poorboys SS&S as I have tons of it.

I don't do washes for customers, but when they return for a second treatment, I use Zaino Z-7 as I use Zaino as a base on all cars.

I have Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss, Ill use it when the Poorboys runs dry.

14. Still using Griot's Garage (I bought a gallon..)

15. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

I would like to know of a good gentle soap that wont strip wax. Maybe a list of them. And then some of the more aggressive ones.

16. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds is gentle to me, and Duragloss 901 was great too. CG Citrus Wash and Gloss is a bit aggressive on my hands..

17. Calogero

Calogero Two Bucket System Washer

I'm going to have to go with either Meguiars Hyper Wash or Meguiars NXT Car Wash.

I use both and they both work great for me so why change is what I think.

18. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

for my car i use the P21s bodywork conditioning shampoo.

customers i use CG CWG on paint and Meg's Gold class for rims.

19. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i've been using cg's cwg for awhile now and love the way it performs, very slick lots of suds.