Favorite wheel well dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Cooter, Jan 15, 2008.

1. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

+4 I guess. It is good. I don't really like the smell, but it is still good stuff. It feels a bit greasy to be, but I guess no one is going to go touch their undercarriage. I like the look though.

2. advanced detail

advanced detail Two Bucket System Washer

CG bare bones or blue guard /same thing.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Bare bones/Adams undercarriage.

4. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

:thumb:

5. MAKDaddy626

MAKDaddy626 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I had been using AA Tire foam but didn't really feel it was all that cheap... about 5 bucks a can but I went through really fast (I drive a truck and the wife a Jeep Cherokee so big wells that show a lot). Just got and tried Adams and really like the look of it too (about the same as the AA IMO).

Those using Adams and similar products - how do you apply? With the AA foam, I covered the well with the foam and left it to do it's thing. With Adams, I feel like I could stretch it quite a bit further if I applied less and spread it with a cheap towel or applicator but I'm not sure if I want the added effort.

6. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

AATF 7/10 look, usually last me about 6-7 vehicles @ $2.99 a can (Wal-Mart) I can't find anything that can touch it. It's controllable even if the winds blowing!

MEG'S HYPER DRESSING via spray gun gives the perfect *10/10 look IMO. It's all personal preference though. MHD mists very fine and is hard to control on windy days, so...

7. mixxer

mixxer Birth of a Detailer

surf city and bold n bright

8. SA

SA Virgin Detailer

I fill 1/3 of a bottle with Auto Magic's SuperDressIt and fill the rest with water and man, does it leave the wells looking nice.

[​IMG]

9. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Stoners More Shine. $35 a case delivered to your door. I use it on engines, wheel wells, and tires.
    Also black trim that is in a mood and won't turn black. It IS a silicone product so be prepared to wipe it off. I use it in the first steps of cleaning not the last.

10. Loffgren

Loffgren Virgin Detailer

Adams.........................

11. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

303 or armor all

12. DetailAddict

DetailAddict Two Bucket System Washer

i know this thread is old... but I enjoy using Adam's as well... :)

13. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

I've been using CD-2 and Z16, but am looking for better alternatives.

14. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Two words: HYPER DRESSING

A gallon costs ~$35, you dilute it 3:1. It is obviously water based, so if some overspray gets on the paint or rims it is very easily QD'd off. After the wells are cleaned, you give them a decent coating of this stuff, go around to all 4 wells and do it, then come back with a towel and wipe them down.

Concourse-look, not greasy and it won't attract dirt and future cleanings are made easier.

15. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Love CG Bare Bones. Leaves a nice dark finish with just slight gloss.

16. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Optibond works well for me. I dilute it at 1.5:1 but at some point would I'm going to try hyper dressing.

I tried out CG Barebones a couple of times and the smell is exactly like some Auto Magic stuff I used to use working at an auction-prep place, same colour too.

17. thesacrifice

thesacrifice Virgin Detailer

My personal vehicle is pretty low so I can't get a brush or towel into most of the well. I spray them down with No Touch tire foam and have pretty good results.

18. Derek37

Derek37 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

whatever I can find that is cheap and easily obtainable.
    After all it's just a wheel well. Don't see any reason to use anything expensive. BUt buying a gallon of something like hyper dressing and cutting it would make your purchase go farther.

19. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

Well the only one I've ever tried is Adams Under Carriage Spray. I have use the cheap wheel dressings from $1 stores, then wiped over it. I do like the Adams,but personally I think it's a bit pricey. I'd like to fine a good wheel dressing that does not sling. There are alot that give the shine I like , but they all sling. Help me out here,guys and gals.

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Have you tried Armor All Tire Foam yet? It gives a very matte look to wheel wells and I believe it's relatively cheap.