Favorite Wax?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Solidsnake, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

TW ICE liquid works great on porous trim and bumpers. LOL One of the best things I've found.

Wax:

Megs 16

Nuba/synthetic:

Pink Wax

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

1. Rubbish Boys OE. For the money I haven't found a wax that looks better.

2. Vintage. Well if it was the same price as RBs OE then it would be #1 but the cost holds it back some.

2 1/2. Autoglym High Definition. I am liking this wax more and more. I like it so much right now that it's on my Jeep and my BMW!

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

In all honesty, I have too many nubas to count and I love a good portion of them for for the way they look on certain colours, regardless of longevity. Having said that, I rarely use nubas on clients cars as most are decorative ( they last 4-6 weeks ) and the ones that typically do last are a pain in the a$$ to use. The exceptions to this rule are Blackfire Midnight Sun ( you can't beat the look of this over top of Blackfire AFPP ) and AG Hi Def wax. Easy to use and great durability.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

souveran and swissvax are my favorites!!

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

1)RBOE
    2)Vintage
    3)Pete's 53
    4)Souveran

6. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I've receently tried Migliore and have decided it may be my new go to and leave SW for my top dollar jobs!!

Andy

7. FJF

FJF Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I really like these:

FK 1000P
    Trade Secret
    P21S 100%
    3M (automotive and marine)
    SN

8. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

My favorite wax would be - CRYSTAL ROCK! LOL.. But then im biased!

2nd place would be a secret wax product Im currently, I will let you all know very soon what it is!!! :)

9. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Its not turtle wax, is it? Cause that will be a shock! :yikes:

10. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Come on Paul, we all know you are a secret lover of Turtle Wax. :giggle:

11. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

Your a Full Time joker!!!:applause2:

12. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

My top 5 in order...

1) Dodo Juice Supernatural (never had a hazing issue)
    2) Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub (so easy to use)
    3) Dodo Juice Purple Haze (another great wax for dark cars)
    4) Pinnacle Souveran (looks great and so simple to use)
    5) Chemical Guy's Buttery Wet Wax (for a liquid this is the tops)

Supernatural was the first wax I ever bought (besides OTC crap) and I still like it the best.

13. c32AMG-DTM

c32AMG-DTM Birth of a Detailer

I've had the same issue with SN 2.0 - looks great after buffing, and then 1-2 days later I had quite a bit of hazing... which looked like crap on gloss black paint. :( I hoping it's either the heat, or a technique issue that I can resolve.

I've had good results from Natty's Red, Colli 915 and 845, JS109 (realize it isn't a wax, but it looks great), RBJE, and a few others I'm forgetting at the moment. Believe it or not, I also liked NXT paste - that stuff buffs off extremely easily, to a very even, glossy finish, with no hazing issues. Doesn't have the same 'nuba glow or depth as some higher-end products, but definitely not as finicky as some either.... YMMV. :thumb: