Favorite Interior Detailer - Input Needed

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Holden, May 3, 2013.

1. Holden

Holden DB Forum Supporter

I'm interested in purchasing a dedicated interior detailer. I want one that cleans and protects in one to save time. For dirty jobs, I use optimum power clean so this is more for "maintenance" interior sweeps. I have narrowed down my choices to Adam's new interior detailer and Auto Finesse's Spritz. Reason being is I don't want anything with a glossy finish, I prefer a matte finish. Anyone who has had experience with both, can you provide your thoughts on which you liked better? Open to hear what others have to say and input on other products that are similar is greatly appreciated as well.

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

1Z cockpit and buy 1Z deep cleaner so you can handle dirtier spots. Besides using Meg's QID, I haven't bothered trying anything else because 1Z interior products are just amazing ... factory fresh!

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Megs........... But I should try out the cockpit sometime when im done with my QID. but been using QID for years and it never has let me down.

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Another vote for Megs QID , buy by the gallon.

5. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

6. Holden

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, appreciate it! I forgot to mention I have 1z plastic deep cleaner, works amazing! The meg's QID I can pick up OTC correct like stores such as autozone?

7. Holden

I saw that picture and it definitely looks nice! Is the AF spritz 16oz like the Adam's interior detailer? You really can't go wrong with either company as I have many products from both. You led me to to try out the af tripple and af tough coat combo a while back on my gti and I was impressed with the results and durability.

8. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

I love the 1Z cockpit for maintenance and the deep clean for it's versatility (works AMAZING on leather). I used to use Meg's QD and it is a fine product; personally I prefer the 1Z cockpit.

9. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

My two go to products are.
    1Z einszett plastic deep cleaner
    Sonax dash cleaner

10. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

1Z Cockpit is my favorite so far. It doesn't really alter the surface finish which is my preference. The scent is sort of herbal/medicinal but it dissipates quickly.
    AF Spritz is also good. It darkens a bit and adds a tiny amount of gloss. If 1Z leaves a matte surface completely matte this moves it slightly toward eggshell or satin. Nice scent, sort of a butterscotch/vanilla/baby powder combo, with a little bit more hang time than 1Z.

I've also used Meguiar's QID and Poorboy' Natural Look but preferred the two above. I've been meaning to try SONAX Dashboard but haven't yet.

11. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

The words "zesty" come to find for 1z CP. It almost seems citrus but after use it is a "clean" smell unlike some of the scented one.

12. Jaddie

Jaddie Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Dear Friends

The first one I tried was Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. I loved it because of its smell.

Then I moved to Opti-Clean. I don't know why I moved to Opti-Clean, but I did. Opti-Clean's smell is a little strong to start with, but after half an hour it smells super-clean.

Next Friday I'm ordering some Cockpit Premium for the first time and am looking forward to trying it.

I detail just my wife's car and my van, and neither one ever gets dirty enough for me to figure out which product is a better cleaner. If there were a declutterer, I could put it to the test on my wife's car.

—Jaddie

13. Tegeler

Tegeler Two Bucket System Washer

I have the 1Z cockpit as well as megs QID. Both work great for me but I like the smell of 1Z a little more. I also use poorboys natural look to make the plastic a bit darker if it is looking faded.

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have used Meg's QID since I was in a pinch when detailing my father-in-law's beater truck. Had to find something I could find at Wal Mart. It did a decent job, but I still prefer 1Z Cockpit Cleaner.