Every state shoud do this...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by supercharged, Sep 2, 2011.

1. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

We were at the grocery store the other evening and the one register they had open was getting a really long line as the cashier tried to get the people's government check (WIC, women, infants and children program) to work in their system. After awhile they finally opened up more lanes and we got through about the time the couple with the kid using the government check finished up. Then they stopped in front of us on our way out so that the guy could make a phone call on his iphone!! Now I'm all for not letting children starve but we are paying for his iphone and monthly service and that is just wrong.

"Whoa! Surprised that it sounds like most people here are right leaning."

I think that is because everyone here works hard for their money. So when it comes for financial matters the leaning is to the right. I was a liberal till I moved out on my own and struggled to make it and did make it without ever taking a dime from tax payers.

2. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

Trying so hard not to reply to this thread....

3. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Go ahead Mike..Say what you have to say! lol

4. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

a truly sad thing is if the people that didn't really need the handouts weren't getting them then there would be more money available to help those that really do need the assistance.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I think most people today are polarized by the class warfare the politicians are putting out there on both sides, the rich despise the poor for the free ride, the poor hate the rich for being successful and flaunting it. But this is a capitalist society folks, or it used to be. Our country was founded on hard work, community, helping out our neighbor and make sure our corner was covered. But as big businesses began to corrupt politics the distance between the haves and the have not's has grown exponentially over the last 20 years or so.

It will get worse being an election year as the right and left pander to their core voting bases. I dislike both republican and democrats, I think both parties are deeply flawed, and im tired of hand outs period, be it bail outs EBT cards college tuition for athletes and I can go on.

6. Kilo6_one

"I think that is because everyone here works hard for their money. So when it comes for financial matters the leaning is to the right. I was a liberal till I moved out on my own and struggled to make it and did make it without ever taking a dime from tax payers."

they say that is a popular trend with those in college...

I used to be liberal, i was raised in a home that was very liberal; once I moved out for college my perspective changed when I saw all these jack ass athletes getting a free ride through college skating by with a 2.0.......just their attitude disgusted me, that is why I do not watch or support most professional sports. I am very conservative financially, and fairly liberal on many issues....especially personal responsibility issues etc. But if its an issue of tax payer money over a social agenda, I will always choose the to support protecting the tax payers money. I think the government is the problem, not the poor in this country, our system is set up to enable those who do not want to rise above their current situation.

I'm all for welfare, EBT, etc as long as its paid back, IE military service, CCC, Peace corps, sweat equity with organizations like Habititat for humanity, shit...... get a garbage bag and pick up trash, clean public parks, schools you name it. If the government gives you anything, food, subsidies, money, whatever you should be liable to pay that back at some level and not suck on the tit of the tax payer. There has to be a balance of "pay to play".

7. Kilo6_one

Petition to Redistribute GPA Scores - YouTube

This was done at UC merced, it makes 1000000.00000%..... think about it.

When you put it in a different context such as something "tangible" you work hard for its a hard pill to swallow........

8. Jeff120

Jeff120 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sounds good to me. People intentionally live under the poverty level so they can get the free stuff. They refuse more hours at their job because it will put them over the limit. Claim a different address because it will put them over the limit. Its BS, and something really needs to change.

9. Kilo6_one

Walmart is notorious for forcing their employees to be under 32 hours so they don't have to pay benefits, in fact its been rumored they flat out tell you to contact their state for benefits.

10. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

Interesting perspective. I also think that those who take from the government should at least contribute to their community. I do get financial aid from school, but I also work and actually do work for habitat for humanity. My dad had a tenant from a long time ago that refused to work so she can still get military money and housing aid from her deceased husband, I personally saw it as being lazy. Mooching off the government while everyone else works

11. Kilo6_one

financial aide is not really a hand out, it is an investment in your education, an athletic scholarship is a hand out.......

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Ding dongs getting EBT is a BIG problem...they wear their pants half ass off, and think they are cool...they especially sticking out thier feathers under current administration...I think THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF needs to see this video, and understand that his political views of spreading wealth around is allowing this to happen...DING DONGS eating steak and lobster is completely unacceptable...they should be given VERY BASIC FOOD like cheap ramen noodles, CHEAPEST BULK hot dogs, dry milk, beans, and ect...and a cook book. They have all the time in the world, they can cook, instead of watching television...and perhaps DO SOME WORK, such as keeping neighborhood clean, COLLECTING TRASH...

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I strongly believe that EVERYONE NEEDS TO PAY FOR THEIR EDUCATION... If you cannot pay now, get a loan, and pay it later...otherwise they will be taking UNNECESSARY VACATIONS, because someone else paid their education bill...Heck, I'm 30 years old, and never took vacation in my life, and AM PROUD OF IT...