Ever detail things other than vehicles?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by tin, Feb 8, 2010.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Thanks :D Those are the only two I can actually wax, two of my others have a sort of wrinkle finish paint that doesn't shine much, and the other two are plastic-bodied.

2. Follmer

Follmer Birth of a Detailer

I use JS 2 coats on my laptop and topped with Zaino. Seems to be pretty durable. the Jet black on the new dells fingerprint really bad and scratch easy but it looks brand new :)

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I used Adam's glass cleaner on my laptop just the other day.

4. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

laptop and my LCD TV :)

5. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

I just used PO85RD on a pair of expensive eyeglass frames that were in really rough shape. It totally saved them!

Before (gross and headed to the trash):
    [​IMG]

After (yahoo!):
    [​IMG]

6. bdspler

bdspler Virgin Detailer

OMG Thier are so many things I have to buff now!
    the Toaster! , The Microwave! the oven, firg!, Mail BOX!
    All door handles , BBQ, washer and Dryer!
    I will Miss u all ........see ya in a month or so!

7. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I did a mini detail on a Dyson vacuum before I sold it, the person didn't beleive me when I told them it was used, even the plastic for the canister came out all sparkly and new...wife thought I was crazy.

8. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

During bad weather I will detail my lawn tractor and snow blower! If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.

9. bdspler

bdspler Virgin Detailer

Wife thinkin your CRAZY .........is that NOT normal ????
    Man i hope it is , cas all I get is the NO head shake !

10. TheNextAZN

TheNextAZN Any Rag Vehicle Washer

2 years after painting my girlfriends computer case I decided I wanted to clay, cut, polish, and wax the case.

I used to work as a model maker/prototyper, and when I needed to give a product a gloss finish I was take car care products to the paint finish.

detailed a treadmill

11. Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine Birth of a Detailer

This may sound crazy...I've used Ardex 2500 machine finish and a 6" foam pad on a rotary to clean the glass cooktop of my wife's stove.

I did it once...it came out better than other cooktop cleaners could ever get it. Now I have to polish the thing every other month! Damn.:doh:

12. airjacobs

airjacobs Virgin Detailer

A friend of mine polished his laptop and wax it. He's selling it. Anyone interested to buy?

13. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

HAHA I detail my lawn tractor and snow blower at least once a year. Nothing like mowing your lawn with a nice shiny lawn tractor! lol My neighbor thinks I'm nuts.

I also detail my tools. Keeps everything clean and well lubed.

14. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

I have crazy swirl marks on the top of my ps3. Mostly from moving 3 times in the last year or so. But yeah they slap me in the face everytime I walk into my living room.

Im not so sure Im ready to admit to that level of detailism (word?)

15. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

I use my steamer to clean the toilet. but that's pretty normal.

I do however, have a couple layers of aerospace 303 on my PC steering wheel (momo wheel).

my 37 drawer tool chest also has a couple coats of meguiar's NXT 2.0