eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Great to hear you had a fantastic experience!

2. PAUL

PAUL Virgin Detailer

I wash with DP Microfiber cleaner. I have some of the Tornadoes from 2 years ago which don't lint but have hardened up a tad but they are still useful.

I didn't intend for this to be a bash post. I didn't complain about it because I got a couple months out of them then they started linting. I figured it was normal for that style of towel. I had assumed that it was a common issue if it has happening to all of my towels, and assumed you knew about it. It's not a big deal.

Oh and btw. my original username of GTPAUL apparently violated some rules so it was changed.....

3. eShine

eShine Guest

Paul, we are not offended at all in any way. We take all any feedback as constructive. The only way we can make sure the products we sell are pleasing customers is to get feedback both positive and negative. Almost every one of the products we sell has had a complaint in one shape or another. We try to learn from them all and use the info when making recommendations for different users. If you dont mind me asking a question?

Are the towels themselves shedding their own blue fibers off onto the vehicle or are they attracting lint from other fabrics?

Also the Cookie Monsters went through one change, they used to be a bit thicker until the manufacturer changed the nap, that was when they went to feeling like suede (They used to be more of a loop like the Tornado) which style do you have?

4. PAUL

PAUL Virgin Detailer

The towels themselves shed little blue lint fibers. They are my only blue towels so they must be coming from the Cookie monster. My Cookie monsters seems to have open ended fibers (non loop).

5. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Hey Chris I am looking at getting the Meguiars 105/205 combo and noticed you only have the 105. Will you carry the 205 anytime soon?

6. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

M205 rocks! :headbang:

7. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Yes so I hear, and I would like just a simple 2 polish system to use the majority of the time, however I refuse to buy it from the US due to the exchange rate and $50 brokerage fees for UPS. If Chris can't get 205 for whatever reason I will just stick with Menzerna and Optimum Polishes.

8. eShine

eShine Guest

Sorry I missed this thread. No immediate plans on getting the M205. Still not sure where we are going with the Meguiars line.

9. eShine

eShine Guest

Just did a small "How-To" on washing an engine bay. As usually we like to keep our articles basic, to the point. No long essay's and minimal tools/equipment required. Let me know if you like it or if you recommend and changes or additions.

eShine Canada- How To Was A Car/Truck Engine Bay

10. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Very nice!

11. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I think you did a great job with this..very to the point...engine bays arent rocket science but you addressed the risks that are present, which is awesome. Overall i think a great article for everyone to read

12. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Looks good, nice and to the point. Just you spelt wash wrong on the title

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks pretty good but you have some typos Chris. In your third paragraph, " Agitate and stubborn spots or any thick deposits with a light brush or terry towel." It then continues with "Try not to spray any liquids directly into the alternator, you can also cover alternator with a plastic bag."

There's a few other minor things but you get the idea. Hope my criticism is helpful. :)

14. eShine

eShine Guest

LOL, Spellcheck said everything was OK. :D

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice article, Chris. For modern generation adding pics to your article means a lot. I personally simply refuse to read a long story article if there are no pics.
    You have it posted step by step.

16. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Simple "How-To" easy to understand and to the point

17. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

The Kiss principle works for a lot of things, nice write up and thanks for sharing

18. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Chris, I really liked your article. I think it is going to save me time and even look alot better too...Thanks...:thumb:

19. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Follows the K.I.S.S. format, excellent content,:applause: and easy to understand.

20. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

NIce article Chris. Very informative...