eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Nice little post, mine is going on the classic monte tomorrow. I have a lot of paint to attack.

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Piet and I are still waiting on our samples! Dude what is it about texas???

3. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Hey Denzil, All positive If you used the WOWO method. I didn't have Problems with anything that you don't run into on a normal basis... Thank you...

4. Buddy

Thank you bryan, I didn't think it was that good at first. I wanted to erase it. BTW we had a 1974 MC when I was a kid...:thumb:

5. richy

richy Guest

Nice review Buddy..thanks.

6. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for the review Buddy, great to hear to liked the wax.

7. eShine

eShine Guest

Would you purchase high end Motor Oil's online such as Amsoil, ELF, Motul etc??

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I doubt it. I use Mobil-1 or Royal Purple. I don't have anything with massive power, so no need for the retardedly expensive oil.

9. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I would purchase Amsoil online. I dont know of any place around here that sell it. I can get Mobil1 Synthetic locally at a few places, which is my oil of choice.

10. eShine

eShine Guest

I also use Mobil1 but find that even the stores that do carry it have a poor selection. I remember going to 10 stores looking for The Mobil1 Gear Oil.

11. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Yeah thats true. The problem I have is that Ford recommends one thing and they always have the other available like 5w20 instead of 5w30 or vice versa. I cant remember.

12. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Finding oil locally that meets VW specs is a PITA for the MkV. On the other hand, I can get the proper stuff for my MkIV at Walmart.

13. eShine

eShine Guest

The 5W20 was the PITA ford oil. It was mainly due to emissions and you can use 5w30 in it. I use 5w30 in my SVT Cobra although they recommend the 5w20.

14. eShine

eShine Guest

I had the same problem with my Jetta. I tried 10w30 and it clacked and smoked like a chimney :)

15. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

If my engine doesn't smoke it's not running (diesel) :applause2:. I used Elf until VW USA finally updated their list of approved oils to included Shell Rotella full synthetic.

16. eShine

eShine Guest

Shell Rotella is one of the most universal oils available. I have used it in my Quads, Cars, RV's, Lawnmowers etc. I would buy it in 5 gallon pails!

17. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

i voted "online" specifically cause I can't get Idemitsu Oil for my RX-7 except online, and i have to buy a case of 12qt at a time.

its the only synthetic oil formulated for rotary engines that i would ever put..... if i dont have the money for a new case, then its regular old "dino" oil castrol 20/50 for my 7 and 10/40 for my daily beater

18. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

M1 5W20 was a breeze to find. I can't ever fund M1 0W20 (discontinued).

I would be willing to sell you a majority of a flat(at the cost I bought it at), but shipping might kill the deal.

I would buy M1 online if they had my 0W20. 0W20 feels so smooth in the winter!

EDIT: I alternate between using PP 5W20 and M1 5W20. I think PP is usually cheaper and available at more places than M1. For M1 I have to go to CT, but I can just hop into walmart for my PP.

19. Buddy

Thank you everyone for your responses...it is truly a great wax that I believe in...:thumb:

20. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I use amsoil and I bought a few cases from my friend at napa as he stocked it for me so I have some in the garage. But when I use all of that I would buy it online to make it easier.