eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I have mine, going on a vintage monte carlo next week

2. eShine

eShine Guest

eBay here it comes. LOL

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I do need a new camera...

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

NICE! Did you get it today? I better keep an eye on the mail then! If I get it today, I can use it on a black Expedition I'm doing on Sunday!

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

This really is a very good camera if you're in the market...

6. pektel

I was originally thinking of an SLR, but now I'm undecided again.

See the camera I have now is a 6mp Olympus FE-190. I've been less than impressed with it's sensitivity to light (it can't handle very much light. Once it reaches a certain point, it's all glare), and the resolution. Even though it says 6 mp, it doesn't take very clear pictures.

What else does this camera come with? Original box, charger, software, etc.? And what type of memory card does this one take?

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

2 days ago

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I just received my goodies from Chris and some :whistle:, tomorrow is play day :cheerl:

9. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im comming over and stealing some, i have a car to try it on tom. so im gonna steal a sample :applause2:

thanks chris :worship2: ohh and you to carlos :thud:

10. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

nooooooooooooooooo

i want play day with blue clay:acry2:

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Come and get it :thumb:

I'll give you a peace of the blue clay as well, just a little though :hmph:

12. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

NEWS FLASH...I have just rec'd my sample of Riccardo paste wax...This is going to be fun...:thumb:

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Just thought I'd update everyone as well as I have just received my sample earlier today. I'm looking forward to testing it out tomorrow morning but we'll see how things pan out. That race car trailer has been keeping me busy, LoL.

14. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

no wax here:tumbleweed:

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Damn, something came up today while I was working on the trailer a few hours ago and so I'll be spending the entire day tomorrow detailing what's left on one side of the trailer. I'll be busy with school during the week so the earliest I'll be able to post regarding Riccardo will be this coming Friday.

Stay tuned folks! :campfire:

16. kaval

kaval Two Bucket System Washer

What ISO are you shooting your pictures at? I had an Olympus P&S and it was amazing. I got asked countless times if I had a DSLR.

17. eShine

eShine Guest

The camera is sold. Sorry I was not posting on the weekend. Pektel, SLR's are not needed for great pics. The higher end point and shoots have so many features you can take great pics with them. Remember, Megapixels is a SIE, not quality. You are better off with a quality 5MP camera then a 20 mega pixel crappy pic! Here are a couple I took with the Canon I just sold, no tripod used, even for the macro of the snail. The snail was a baby snail the size of a pea. The Giraffes were taken in a safari truck over 200 feet away at full zoom using sports mode (quick shutter speed). You have to learn every new camera you get, it is frustrating at takes time. The ONLY reason I went to a SLR is becaue I bought it with Air Miles and I figured I have nothing to lose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. pektel

This particular Olympus camera has an auto ISO setting, so I can't adjust it. It says it will adjust between 80-1000. I was readin some reviews online of my Olympus FE-190, and the 2 that I read weren't great.

19. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

First and foremost I would like to thank Chris for including me in this test. It was alot of fun for me. I have read some reviews already and I hope mine will differ slightly for I am looking at the positive aspects. I rec'd my pkg and found a little, I mean very little one once jar. My first challenge was to figure out how to get the wax out to apply it. What I did was cut the jar using my band saw making two cuts down the lenth of the jar and then I carefully split the jar open. by my surprise I got it out in one piece but then the warmth of my hand it started to crumble and heres how it all started.

The vehicle is a 1999 black jeep wrangler with 40k (NICE)

The process was a two bucket wash with clay one month before that. great timming.

First this wax had a great smell of Almonds or at least to me anyway

This application was very different to me. I'm trying hold the wax in my hand and rub it on the paint. I also tried to melt some wax into a foam applicator by the warmth of my hand. Then I tried to apply it by my hands which I have never done before. I like my foam applicators instead.

In trying these methods I was able to apply the wax to thick and very very thin. At this point Im using the WOWO method and didn't have a problem at all and liking what I'm seeing and doing. Also I made it a point to put it on and let it dry. yes it took a little more effort to buff off but that is the same for any wax that you let dry.

I finished waxing and pulled the jeep outside for a final wipe down and inspection in the sun. I thought I had great results. I really liked this wax alot and I hope that chris can get on the shelves. It would be nice to try a real tub of Riccardo. I also feel that If he has to make any changes that is his decision and will be for the best.

In conclusion This is or is going to be a great wax and I will always have a tub on hand...Thank You

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Any negatives Buddy or are they all positives? Thanks for your review!