eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Chris, I have Riccardo Clay. Send the lube my way & I'll do the hnours.

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

me too buddy, I can test it against AM Blue, sonus and Pinnacle, all are in the same field

3. eShine

eShine Guest

OK, One more boys.

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Um yeah I'm from canada... This new provence... Belton,tx. Ever heard of it?? Very remote

5. eShine

eShine Guest

LOL. Nope, never heard of it. :)

6. richy

richy Guest

Chris, it was me who had made a comment on it on this board. I use ONR as my lube and would be open to re-examine it with a different lube. I still have a small amount left (1/4 of a bar I think). PM me if you want to, or you should have my address, etc on file. Thanks, Rich

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I also use ONR as lube and find it to be very mild...

Chris: What other lubes have you toyed with that have increased the aggresiveness of the clay?

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hmm, it's kind of a double-edge sword that Riccardo is dependent on the clay lube being used.

On one hand, you can vary the aggressiveness by using different clay lubes but at the same time if you only have certain clay lubes and/or don't know what works best for Riccardo, you're stuck with a very mild clay.

I guess the search begins on what works best/worst for Riccardo with ONR being found to cause Riccardo to be on the mild side.

9. eShine

eShine Guest

Richy, I will send you a sample of the Riccardo Clay lube to try. I have used Wolfgang Clay lube which makes the clay very very mild. I have also tried Pinnacle with the same results. I have not tried the ONR though. It seems soapy solutions are a NO-NO with Riccardo. Soapy solutions made from car wash soaps also make the clay mild and dish soap degrades the clay making it crumble. The Riccardo Lube is more like a QD product.

10. eShine

eShine Guest

OMG 1.25 today boys, another 3 cents in one day! What the heck is going on? Why is the US economic crisis killing our dollar?

11. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im glad i have enough in us to last atleast a year... best part is bought it at par...

but this drop in the dollar is troubling, its amazing how much the market has dropped in 3 months

12. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I use a qd with mine and it works pretty well, I would be interested in the difference with Riccardo lube

13. eShine

eShine Guest

Look at that slope!

[​IMG]

14. richy

richy Guest

Chris..I appreciate that! PM me if you need my mailing address. You should try the ONR as a lube. It is not soapy, (I used to use a soap/water mix before) and is very high in lubricity which is probably what contributes to the Riccardo being so mild. ONR is great, great stuff. I use it as a QD as well and love it.
    As an aside, I am very impressed that you listen to the concerns of people like me on this board and do your best to address them. I will be happy if the Riccardo performs well with the other lube and will be more than happy to purchase more in the future! Thanks again!!:applause2:

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I would use cg speed wipe or another concentrated qd and mix different solutions with water and try that.... Less qd and more water should in turn make the clay more aggressive, where as more qd less aggressive....

Less qd allows the clay to bite the paint more (my theory)

16. eShine

eShine Guest

Before I had the Riccardo Clay I was always diluting my clay lubricants. You would be surprised how it changes the aggression of the clay. Some claybars in Europe only need water as a lube, I have never tried just water with Riccardo but should try that tomorrow.

17. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Are the chances of marring the paint higher with a more aggressive claying?

18. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Uncle Sam sneezes and everybody gets a cold............

19. eShine

eShine Guest

I cant speak for other claybars but Riccardo is so flexible I have not experienced it. 99% of the time swirl removal or light polishing follows claying and the most marring I have seen come from a claybar was easily polished out.

20. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Chris, I have been using your Riccardo clay with good results -- w/ Adam's detail spray. If there is any room left on your Riccardo Lube trial, let me know! Thanks.