eShine.ca - forum member promo code - news - deals

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by eShine, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Arek

Arek Any Rag Vehicle Washer

2. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

no it's meant for clear bra

3. eShine

eShine Guest

And look, it's on sale! LOL.......

4. Arek

5. eShine

eShine Guest

Nothing you said. There was a previous thread where we discussed CG always having permanent sale prices. I just pointed out that they start their sales from the day a product is released and the sale never expires. It's a PITA for other retailers who have to compete with the manufacturer.

6. Arek

7. eShine

eShine Guest

Yikes, looks like days of at Par CAD/USD are over. the Canadian dollar just fell to 1.12! We had to adjust prices at 1.08, if it hits 1.13 to 1.15 we will adjust again. :(

8. Mark350

Mark350 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yeah the canadian dollar sucks...whenever oil drops so does our dollar

It's definately crappy times ahead from the looks of things

9. eShine

eShine Guest

Actually it is much better for business in Canada when the dollar is low compared to the US dollar. Many jobs were lost and many shops closed when the two were at par.

10. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Looks like I should shop more from canada now, hehe.

11. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im almost glad the dollar is going the way it is, it will allow the econony to help rebouns itsself..

ok so yeah it makes traveling more expensive, it makes consumer goods that are imported more expensive.

but remeber comodities such as oil and gas are trades in USD, if the canadian dollar is lower it means tat we can sell a barrel for more...example, if we make 5bucks abarrel on par we can make 6CDN with a weeker dollar, this means more money is co. pockets....

so it may seem bad, but if companies can make more it means more jobs, more profits, and more cash in pocket.

i do relize I have over simplified this, and there are much more complicated issues at hand, but dont count us out just because the dollar is no longer par

12. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Time for Ricky to come to my arsenal! How much to ship it to zip 00777? Thanks

13. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

When I was a kid growing up in Michigan I lived right accross the river from Canada. Back then the US dollar was very high compared to the Canadian dollar. If you didn't watch out stores would try to give you back Canadian change instead of American. As kids we would really get pissed off if we stuck with Canadian change. The problem was that a lot of Michigan stores would try to pass Canadian change off kids but they would not take it if you wanted to buy something.

14. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

That is very true, the same thing was going on in the North East. You took the words right out of my mouth. hahaha:thumb:

15. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

We Seattlites have seen influx of shoppers from Vancouver BC into our malls (deep into WA state not just border area malls, I've seen about 33-40% CA plates at high-end mall 100 mile South of border). Maybe that'll change but not with GST in double digit.

But Canada still has better healthcare than US :worship2:

16. eShine

eShine Guest

17. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

cool. are the prices in U.S. dollars? if not, what's the exchange rate?

18. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

also, how come I can't order the ricardo clay from the US?

19. eShine

eShine Guest

They are all CAD pricing but you would be much better off ordering from the USA (cheaper, quicker service).

20. eShine

eShine Guest

Patent laws, we legally can not.